• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS/FT: Transformers, Various Case Parts + more (UK)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
[20-02-2014] I'm moving in a few months so this all needs to go. £30 now!

I've sold off various bits (shown below) but would like to get rid of it all! The leftovers are mainly case parts and one (slightly) unknown transformer, which at worst would make a delightful doorstop xmas present!

Based on meeting up as I don't think i'll be able to package everything together particularly easily i'll let the 3 cases (Case 1, Case 2, Extrusion 1) and the Transformer go for £50 combined. Would listen to any trades as well.

1 x ???VA 1 x 230V Primary, 2 x 22V Secondaries (USED)
I can't remember the VA of this power supply although it was used on a chipamp and it was definitely over 200VA.
RUXdjef.jpg

Case Parts
A bit of background to this, I briefly worked at Isotek Systems and all of the following are from my time there. They were all factory 'seconds' although the marks are in most cases (pun intended!) incredibly minor. Please note that no fixings are included (no feet either) unless otherwise stated. These are not complete and will need some work to make a complete case.

Case 1
Black Shimmer/Glitter effect on the chassis and cover. Heavy duty powder coated steel. The front panel is currently held on by a slightly hacked up rear panel (you can see the cutouts for the plugs) and the rear panel is what should be holding the front on. Black acrylic holds all the connections in place and everything you see in the photos is included. The front panel is ~10mm thick aluminium with a small square cutout in the middle and a recess in the top left for a label. This is a very high quality (and pretty heavy) case and in excellent condition.

fK4v8rk.jpg

LmlAX25.jpg

i1vDbjn.jpg

Case 2
This is a bit of a collection;
-1 x steel chassis
-2 x aluminium covers*
-3 x ~5mm aluminium front panels

The covers are in excellent condition (1 has a cutout) but the front panels would need tidying up and there is no rear panel so you would need to make one.
RP6qagN.jpg

rURduDu.jpg

qyyFLzU.jpg

Extrusion 1
This is a single extrusion (with all screen printing) from the Sirius. Also includes 2 uncut end caps. You would just need to make a cover that slid the length of the extrusion. In excellent condition.
n1XOgVL.jpg

9iliBee.jpg

I'm based in Andover, Hampshire but also spend a lot of time between Swindon & Oxford so can meet up over quite a wide area if needed.

SOLD
2 x 120VA 1 x 230V Primary, 2 x 12V Secondaries (UNUSED)
1 x 300VA 1 x 230V Primary, 2 x 30V Secondaries (UNUSED)
1 x 250VA 2 x 115V Primaries, 2 x 25V Secondaries (UNUSED)

12V 120VA Transformer - £16ea (was £20ea)
30V 300VA Transformer - £25 (was £32)
25V 250VA Transformer - £18 (was £22)

Basic Single Ended Lightspeed Kit
I bought this a few years ago, i'm not sure on the exact spec but it was one of the early kits from Uriah.

1 x Visaton KE 25 SC
Unused, intended for a center speaker project that didn't happen.

Extrusion 2 [SOLD]
Bit of a collection too;
4 x Extrusions
2 x Plain end caps
2 x IEC/fuse cutout end caps

These were used on the earlier models and the current Orion. 3 are in excellent condition with a couple of minor indents (a few mm at most) and 1 is missing some powder coating on one side. Only enough ends to complete 2 although you could easily use them as a template or just use rectangular ends (and maybe a nice perspex lid) for a quirky old school Musical Fidelity-esque design. That or make your own DIY power conditioner (my intention was for some small Class D amps).

Last edited:
Man, I have to say, that re-purpose of the front and back panels of the first case is brilliant...

Regards,
Gordon.

Thanks, a little bit rough around the edges but it does work well!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to PM's as I was having issues with my paypal account and didn't want to agree to anything without knowing when it would be back live. I'll have PM's back to everyone by tomorrow night.

Phil

Apologies on the lightspeed, I had a load of PM's on it and have been going through them in chronological order to see who wanted to buy it! I think it's sold now so will post for sure when it's gone.

I've had some PM's regarding shipping the transformers abroad which i'm quite happy to do and as a (very rough) estimate it will be between £15 to £25 in Europe (not for all, obviously!), increasing as you move further away/increase the weight.

hi im interested in
- extrution 1, please pm me for price and shipping (1)
- 250va, 2x115v pri, 2x25 sec please pm me for price and add shipping (2)
- 2 x120va, 2 x12 sec please pm me for price and add shipping (3)

is there possible to order extruction 2 again ? they are looks cool

best regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.