• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Sansui 500A Power trans needed...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pretty sure the previous owner of my 500A cooked the power trans. I have replaced all the electrolytics in the unit, and it still is popping fuses. It had a 30 amp fuse in it when it came to me and the fuse was blown. when I remove the load from the transformer (on the high voltage secondary) it turns on and the lights light up. My output transformers show no shorts. Given the smell of the unit when I got it I am going to have to say that it cooked the power trans. Everything else that it could be has been changed. Anyone got a speare? I have barterables...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.