FS. Elna Cerafines 10,000uF 80v Caps. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th May 2013, 03:38 PM   #1
Fanuc is offline Fanuc  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default FS. Elna Cerafines 10,000uF 80v Caps.

Hello,

I am selling 4 used Elna Cerafines 10,000uF 80v Smoothers. They have been very lightly used as I moved over to Class A amps to drive my electrostats plus one of the channels never worked. (needed new fets etc)

They are attached to a PCB as shown, but without a soldering Iron I cannot take them off. At any rate you have the rectifiers and Tabs/lugs for the toriodals (which I have also - I think 450VA). It was an old 4r 300watt amp hitachi-design based mosfet PA amp.

Would rather just send out the board as shown. PS. You could if you want cut out the apropriate PCB section. ie keep rectifiers & smoothers and lugs and discard the rest then drill holes to chassis mount with stand-offs.

The rectifiers can be replaced with fast/soft recovery types also if desired. I can dig out a part number if any one is interested.

The caps were not cheap from what I remember and have high ripple current ratings also. And little use. The silicone sealant can be pealed away no problems. Best thing I would recoment is to use a PCB gullotine and keep the rectifier/caps/transformer lug section.

PS. Apologises for the poor picture quality - have not yet found my decent Canon camera. Am moving you see, so am clearing out lots of "audio junk". Damn I got boxes of the bloody stuff....lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CRIM0021.JPG (96.7 KB, 546 views)
File Type: jpg CRIM0022.JPG (87.2 KB, 538 views)
File Type: jpg CRIM0023.JPG (98.1 KB, 518 views)
File Type: jpg CRIM0025.JPG (81.7 KB, 514 views)
Old 24th May 2013, 04:17 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Some Polyprop Films also.

Some polyprops new and used. Most are new.

SA types are highest quality (the yellow ones) for use in loudspeaker crossovers. Think they are now black coloured. They use a 10um Film and have very low measured distortion as verified in Cyril Batemans EW&W articles on capacitor sounds.

Blue ones are Clarity caps.

High end audio capacitors from ClarityCap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0503.JPG (140.5 KB, 497 views)
Old 25th May 2013, 06:18 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I wish people could just state what is it they are selling and at what price. But instead we learn a Canon camera has gone missing and Mr Bateman is endorsing the sale
Old 25th May 2013, 07:36 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Film caps values uF & Voltage, prices?
Old 29th June 2013, 01:15 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Cerafines 10,000uF 80v with PCB boards which has high current, high voltage rectifiers and lugs for the toriodals which I also have. They have had very little use and I have tested them to ensure they are working correctly.

Looking for 40 pounds for the lot including delivery - delivery to the EU isn't that expensive I have found. As I said to someone yesterday

"The Cerafines are 10,000uF 80v Caps. They are 50mm dia by 100mm in height. You can buy Omega-style Clamps for mounting the capacitors horizontally onto the chassis if you do not have the height in your case.

As you can see they have been mounting in place of the PCB ones. The silicon sealant can just be pulled off. I just added this to stabilise the caps on the PCB a little better.

Interesting you are building an audionote DAC5. I hear it's a superb DAC. I actually owned a audionote DAC 1.1 non oversampling unit but it's nowhere near the quality of a DAC5 of course. Also bought audionote schematics and bought Mullard GZ-37 valves etc but I wasn't experienced enough to deal with the voltages for there power amps at the time and the output transformers where very important in the design.

I suspect the Black Gate FK 10,000uF would of been better for this than the Cerafines. Not sure black gates are made anymore nor these either."

Will take paypal and deliver to continental europe also.

Anyone interested ?
Old 6th July 2013, 09:15 PM   #6
Sk8Ter is offline Sk8Ter  United States
diyAudio Member

I will take the cerafines but would like a better picture of them...please pm me

Lawrence
Old 7th July 2013, 10:24 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8Ter View Post
I will take the cerafines but would like a better picture of them...please pm me

Lawrence
PS. I suspect the cost of delivery to the US is more than I am selling the parts for! Plus they would need to be really well packaged. Last time I sold something (some tubes) to the US delivery took 2-3 weeks airmail.

If the parts were several hundred bucks it might be worth doing but not over them sums.

Last edited by Fanuc; 7th July 2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 7th July 2013, 03:29 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanuc View Post
PS. I suspect the cost of delivery to the US is more than I am selling the parts for! Plus they would need to be really well packaged. Last time I sold something (some tubes) to the US delivery took 2-3 weeks airmail.

If the parts were several hundred bucks it might be worth doing but not over them sums.
Hello my friend ...just through them in a flat rate box from the post office...should be no more then 12 bucks!

Lawrence
Old 8th July 2013, 01:32 AM   #9
Pocoyo is offline Pocoyo  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

the cost for the 4 cerafine maybe takes 500 gram or 1000 gram for the royal mail
Old 8th July 2013, 03:01 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hello again...ok so what would the total shipping cost be?

Hide this!Advertise here!