• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Selling an inherited collection, in part or in whole

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I recently inherited a vintage stereo collection from my father. And while I appreciate it's worth, there is just no way I can keep it as it should be kept. It seems pointless to just put it in storage against the "someday" of a house. With a couple of major exceptions (The Adcom pre-amp & amp and the mint condition Carver Platinums) the rest is up for grabs. And yes I had to taunt you all with the "can't haves" first :)

As such... I have some goodies to offer. Pictures are available on request.

Reel to Reels:
Sony TC 880-2 (Very good condition, fully functional)
Tandberg 6000x (Very good condition, fully functional)
Telex Viking Quad/Sonic (unsure of model number) (Very good condition, fully functional)

Tuners:
Sansui TU 9900
Harman Karden Citation III (Sadly no idea where the Citation II amp went, I may find it crated but at this point he was using others)

Solid State Contollers/Noise Reducers/Equalizers:
Harman Karden Citation A
DBX II Model 128
Soundcraftsman RP2204
SAE 5000A

Turntables:
Pioneer PL-510A
Sony 2251
Benjamin Miracord ELAC 50H

This is just a partial list. This was a permanent collection with a beautiful wood wall unit custom made. I will post a pic as well.

I also have a huge collection of vinyl, both 45 and LPs. The albums themselves are pristine but the sleeves, alas have not weathered the years so well, due to smokers in the house.

I also have commercial reel to reel recordings, with the same caveat as the albums.

Feel free to email, message or call 812-251-5877 with any questions!
Rebecca

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.