• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: UCD or similar based DIY amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I normally prefer triodes for my horn speaker, but recently I became curious about low power D-class amps and what they can do for horns. I would like to buy a good quality DIY chip amp (UCD?) I don't care what it looks like or what kind of enclosure was used - or no enclosure at all for that matter. It has to be complete and working.

You could start with one of these:

Topping TP 20 MARK2 MK2 TA2020 T Amp Digital Stereo Amplifier 23WX2 | eBay

or if you want something not too dissimilar but a little cheaper one of these:

New Lepai Tripath TA2020 Class T Hi Fi Audio Amplifier | eBay

It's class T, not D, but it's the same idea.

Cute little bugger, ain't it? I'm trying to downgrade and make things smaller. So the idea of a small amp - something I wouldn't consider even in the worst nightmere - gradually creepet in. TA2020 seems to have quite a following. Chinese stuff is extremely cheap but I thought one of the diyers might want to unload his project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.