FS: BuffaloII with legato and industrial gainclones (fully built) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th April 2013, 12:01 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS: BuffaloII with legato and industrial gainclones (fully built)

I'm currently moving to an 8 channel setup, and my BuffaloIII arrived today so it's time to pass on my old trusty 2 channel gear.

I have a buffaloII with legato I/V, a volumite, placid and placid BP mounted in a modushop Galaxy maggiorato case with airlink transfomers, 9-0-9 and 15-0-15 I believe. There's also an IR remote board that controls an alps RK27 motorpot (wasted, I know, but its the only motorpot I had). Input as it stands is by USB only using a DDDAC USB-I2S board. It has 2 sets of RCA outputs, so it can easily be connected to a power amp as well as a subwoofer

Click the image to open in full size.

It looks beautiful and sounds even better and remote control is a huge bonus.

To be honest, I need PSUs for my new BuffaloIII and I'd like to keep the remote kit, but when looking at it, I felt it was a shame not to offer it as is, though the price will be quite high given that I'll need to replace several components.

So either:

BuffaloII+Legato I/V and volumite only - £200
DDDAC USB-I2S board (DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC - Non Oversampling DAC with PCM1794 - no digital filter - modular design DIY DAC for high resolution audio 192/24 192kHz 24bit) - £20

OR

The whole thing, fully constructed, tested and working sweetly, thats 2 xformers, with shielding, Placid, Placid BP, IR remote control board, Alps RK27 motorpot, volumite, Legato, BuffaloII, DDDAC USB-I2s, modushop case and rear panel connectors.
Gathering all those parts in the UK cost a small fortune and the time spent building was significant.
I'd be looking for £500 for the complete finished unit.

I also have a fully constructed dual monoblock amp with 2 "Industrial gainclones" by peranders sjostrom:
Sjöström Audio - QRP02 The SMD Gainclone - high performance mono power amplifier.

They have onboard PSUs, so only require a transformer to be fully operational.

Also in a modushop case, with 2 25-0-25 120VA transformers.

Again, I'll either offer parts of the complete unit.

Industrial gainclone boards: £40 each

Transfomers: £10 each

Complete unit: £150

These units were built to sit together and together make a truly excellent stereo source/amp combo:

If someone is interested in taking both, let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks

Last edited by valleyman; 30th April 2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 30th April 2013, 06:05 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Evening bump, some beautiful gear here. This is/was my main system. It has served me so very well, and I wouldn't consider selling it if I weren't moving up to a fully active 8 channel system
Old 1st May 2013, 04:26 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Pm incoming
Old 1st May 2013, 08:38 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I'm quite keen to pass on the buffalo DAC fully built, as it does work so well and look so good in that modushop case. It seems such a shame to deconstruct it.

I'll reduce the price to £450 which honestly, I think is a steal. It's a significant loss on the cost of the parts that have gone into it, and TPA gear always retains it's value well
Old 2nd May 2013, 08:29 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hust to give an idea of the parts cost that went into this DAC (including shipping to the UK and customs fees etc:

Case - £50
Chassis connectors and knob - £15
Transformers - £35
Alps motorpot - £30
IR control board for pot - £25
DDDAC USB-I2S board £50
BuffaloII - $260
legato - $90
volumite - $30
placid - $60
placid BP - $90
That totals $530 or £340 + £75 customs fees.

Total £620 just in parts. I'm going to leave it up for sale for a couple more days, and if noone wants it, I'll split it out for parts

The amp, I'll reduce the price to £120 - that's case, transformers, and amp boards for a fully operational (and great sounding) LM3886 dual monoblock.
In case anyone was wondering, the outputs on the amp are RCA, simply because that's the connectors I had when building. I can include the speaker cables I use which are terminated with RCA plugs to fit, or you could swap them for more traditional binding posts
Old 2nd May 2013, 03:18 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default shipping question.

pm sent.
Old 3rd May 2013, 09:01 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

sale of this pair is pending

Hide this!Advertise here!