Anyone looking for a pair of Nos/Nib Tung-sol 6550s? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th March 2013, 05:04 AM   #1
Banned

Default Anyone looking for a pair of Nos/Nib Tung-sol 6550s?

I got a pair here looking to part with, they are not the black-plates just the 3 holers, they test excellent, never been out of the box hardly I doubt xD
Old 1st April 2013, 03:12 AM   #2
Banned

Default pictures

Here is a few pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (140.7 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (150.2 KB, 102 views)
Old 1st April 2013, 06:08 AM   #3
Banned

Default getters

trying to get good close shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (144.1 KB, 95 views)
Old 1st April 2013, 07:04 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

This should probably be put in the "Swap Meet" section of DiyAudio as you're trying to sell these. By the way, they have had some use on them... What are you looking to get for them?
Daniel
Old 1st April 2013, 08:25 AM   #5
Banned

I'm not too familiar with 6550s I figured they were new never used, or I was assuming they were, they were in a big tube lot I got at an auction and everything else in there works and is strong, so guess I shouldn't assume huh? lol
Old 1st April 2013, 11:21 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wieslaw Lipowsk
Default The one on the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGuitarGuy View Post
trying to get good close shot
looks like a GE rather than a TungSol
Old 1st April 2013, 11:26 AM   #7
Banned

Are you sure? its a GE label but it looks alot like a 3 hole tung-sol too
Old 1st April 2013, 11:28 AM   #8
Banned

I didn't think the GEs had the shoulder glass either?
Old 1st April 2013, 11:35 AM   #9
Banned

I'm pretty sure its a Tung-sol has the brown wafer at the bottom just like them, The GEs are black at the bottom etc, seen some labeled as RCAs before, Don't think I ever seen a GE labeled one though.
Old 1st April 2013, 12:10 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Please don't take offense JR as this is not directed at you, more of a gripe against the current trend of calling any tubes with boxes NOS/NIB , but I have to get this off my chest. NOS/NIB means NEW-OLD-STOCK, as in NEVER USED. These tubes have a nice white ring around the getter which indicates use. It would be great if tubes came with an odometer that stated how many miles were on them but they do not.

When tubes were being actively produced they were a commodity item; when they wore out you replaced them with a new set that you bought down the street at the drug store, no big deal. However, just like a car with 10,000 miles on it is not new even though "it looks brand new" then neither are tubes.

OK, rant over. Sorry but this new trend drives me nuts, if you went by looking at Epay then almost every tube that tests good is new-old-stock.

Aside from my above venting hope you find a home for them JR, those were great tubes!

Hide this!Advertise here!