• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS 2SK170 2SJ74 matched sets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tony - new to this board and got the diy bug. I've repaired an old amp and now that has been successful would like to build an F5 - but can't seem to source the two components you list (I've got everything else), i.e. the 2SK170 2SJ74. so I'd be interested in buying some of these from you - could you pm me regarding cost, etc?

It does look like it does what it does very well, but.....
If you are investing that kind of dough it may be worthwhile looking for something that has utility beyond 20ma for when this particular effort is worn. I love my curve tracer from locky. It's kinda clunky but a spectacularly useful bit of kit I can tell you. There may well be other options out there but I don't know of any.

Tony - new to this board and got the diy bug. I've repaired an old amp and now that has been successful would like to build an F5 - but can't seem to source the two components you list (I've got everything else), i.e. the 2SK170 2SJ74. so I'd be interested in buying some of these from you - could you pm me regarding cost, etc?

FYI, from a reliable source;

"Actually F5's do not need much matching. 1 mA
tolerance is fine."

I will get back to people once they are verified as genuine and if they aren't then I will say so.

you can messure the static parameters of the Jfet :)

Attachments

• Jfet_N_messurements_schem.jpg
    Jfet_N_messurements_schem.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 716
  • Jfet_N_Id(Vds)_Vgs_const.jpg
    Jfet_N_Id(Vds)_Vgs_const.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 720
  • Jfet_N_Id_(Vgs)_Vds_const.jpg
    Jfet_N_Id_(Vgs)_Vds_const.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 702
Is this schematic slightly wrong?

I set up for both N and P channels and was not getting any current flow.
When I removed the source voltage for the gate ie gate at source voltage through R2 then the Vds dropped and I got current flow.

Is it the polarity of Eg shown the wrong way round in the diagram (for N channel set up)?

I haven't tested this yet because my dual variable supply is +V 0V -V.

The resistor values I am using are;
R1 - 5k1
R2 - 560k
Rd - 2k

Attachments

• Jfet_N_messurements_schem.jpg
    Jfet_N_messurements_schem.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 683
Think I have found the problem, my supplies have a minimum output of 1.25V which is enough Vgs to 'switch off' the current flow.
Have slightly modified the circuit and at 10V Ed get around 5mA with 0Vgs, increasing Vgs reduces Ids and zeros around 0.6Vgs.
Hopefully can start taking some meaningful measurements now!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.