• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NIB NOS Amperex, Mullard, Philips, RCA tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Current tubes (with a few notable exceptions) sound nothing like classic 50s / 60s USA & European production. I recognized this in the 90s and stockpiled what I deemed to be a lifetime supply of NOS tubes for my guitar amps as I purchased each (and 6L6 power tubes just in case a Tweed Bassman appeared here one day). My sources were Mike at KCA and the late Charlie K of Vacuum Tube Valley. These are not "re-issues"; they are all NOS from 50s, 60s & 70s. All prices are cash; Paypal & shipping not included. Tube prices are lower than those of any reputable dealer who still has stocks of any of these tubes. Quantity discounts are negotiable.

As a courtesy to DIY I am not uploading <lots> of hi-res photos here. You can see all tubes, details, pricing etc at

https://sites.google.com/a/tmusicequipmentforsale.com/4sale/home

SHIPPING NOTE: While I can ship these anywhere all sales are final, so better if you can inspect these in person or have an NYC-based friend do so for you, so that you are certain about what you are purchasing.

Power Tubes
* Amperex 7320 (Germany) 3 matched pairs, NIB
* Amperex EL84 (Mullard, Great Britain) 1 matched pair, NIB
* Mullard EL84 (Great Britain) 4 matched pairs, NIB
* Philips EL84 (USA) 4 matched pairs, JAN
* Philips EL84 (USA) 3 matched quads, JAN
* EI EL84 (Yugoslavia in 2000)) 1 matched pair (pulled from Vox AC15TBX when I first received it; replaced w/ Philips)
* RCA 6V6GT Blackplate (USA) 4 matched pairs, JAN
* RCA 6V6GT Blackplate (USA) 6 matched pairs, NIB
* RCA 6V6GTA Grayplate (USA) 2 matched pairs, NIB
* RCA 6LCGC Blackplate (USA) 2 matched pairs, NIB
* RCA 6L6GC Grayplate (USA) 3 matched pairs, NIB
* Philips 7581A (USA) 2 matched pairs, JAN

Preamp Tubes
* RCA 6SJ7GT Blackplate (USA) 5, NIB
* RCA 6SL7GT Grayplate (USA) 4, NIB
* RCA 12AX7 Blackplate (USA) 2, NIB
* RCA 12AX7 Grayplate (USA) 15, NIB
* CBS 12AX7 Grayplate (RCA, USA) 7, JAN
* RCA 7025 Grayplate (USA) 8, NIB
* RCA 7025 Grayplate (USA) 16, JAN
* RCA 12AT7 Blackplate (USA) 12, WB
* RCA 12AT7 Blackplate (USA) 4, NIB
* RCA 12AY7 Grayplate (USA) 16, NIB
* Mullard ECC83 (Great Britain) 2, NIB (still factory-wrapped ;-)
* Mullard ECC83 (Great Britain) 18, JAN
* generic ECC83 (?) 5, (pulled from Vox AC-15TBX when I first received it; replaced w/ Mullard)

Rectifier Tubes
* RCA 5AR4 / GZ34 (Mullard, Great Britain) 6, NIB
* GE 5AR4 / GZ34 (Mullard, Great Britain) 2, NIB
* RCA 5U4GB Grayplate (USA) 6, NIB
* RCA 5Y3GT Blackplate (USA) 1, NIB

Hi Bob,

My pricing is based on two factors: what I paid and what legitimate dealers are charging. I spent several weeks scouring the 'Net for dealer pricing and mine is less than any of them. I can't comment on your purchase since I don't know the seller and haven't seen the merchandise however if it is NIB NOS then you lucked out, probably because the seller didn't know its' market value.

Best,
Terry

Hi Bob,

My pricing is based on two factors: what I paid and what legitimate dealers are charging. I spent several weeks scouring the 'Net for dealer pricing and mine is less than any of them. I can't comment on your purchase since I don't know the seller and haven't seen the merchandise however if it is NIB NOS then you lucked out, probably because the seller didn't know its' market value.

Best,
Terry

I hear you, and you definitely have some goodies not banging you there at all. Just my opinion on the prices and usually I wouldn't even respond to a post about prices but in this case since you've got some nice tubes I thought it right to mention. That said the market will bear out the truth. If you find what I say to be true maybe then bring your prices down some so that you can make some money and also make happy buyers. Many folks here at the swap meet are looking for bargains, which your prices wont pan that out. I've purchased some nice gear here on barter town for fair prices and I think your pricing is shall we say optimistic. Maybe I'm wrong ...

Cheers,
Bob

Thanks Bob. Prices will never be less than what I paid in 1999 when these were just getting scarce. 99% of the bargains I see on the 'net are just the same beaters that keep getting passed around, but if any real dealer with real NIB NOS stock has a lower price, I'll beat it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.