• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Audio equipment for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
“People seemed pretty willing to lay on their horns,” he said. “I don’t think this is exclusive to Tucson or even America. Unfortunately it is a larger problem than anything confined to one region or locale.”

Personally I hate those cycling bastards who have deep disregard to any traffic regulations . I imagine the training pros were just blocking the lane riding in a pack 25mph thinking that the road belongs to them .
Unfortunately cyclists in US have no idea of any traffic regulation either and are riding on either side of the road or in the middle , making turns without any indication , and when they hit the wall riding in the dark without the light what do they do ???-sue the bike manufacturer that it doesn't include lights with the bike:D
There is only one group I hate more -the extreme sports aficionados with cameras in their butts to document their heroic activities on youtube and all social media - the thing is when the extreme jump of adrenaline goes sour it usually requires extremely costly rescue missions , I'd just let them rot with their cameras ....:D

Lots of hate there Limono. Maybe you should discuss it with someone other than an on-line group.

Hate ??? It's just a sober comment on reality .
In a nice place where I live groups of Afro -American youth usually walk on the middle of the streets ,( I don't know why, since both sidewalks are empty) when you approach they look from under the hood and you have no other choice than imbecile smile which un-arm them and they eventually let you pass -yes the street belongs to them ,. Down the road their grown-up buddies in the cars just stopped by to have a little cheat-chat in the middle of the road (getting on horn would be rather politically incorrect and even dangerous so you just wait keeping that imbecile smile ) when this pass you just have no other choice than stumble on a mama waiting for his overweight child to get out of the house and get in the car. There are plenty of parking spots around but no, mama also have right to the road as much as everybody else . When you finally think that "all things eventually pass" the cyclists appear ...usually as aggressive as gay rights parade :D (and before you accuse me of being xenophobic and racist I will reveal that I'm a Black Jew so take it easy)
What was that movie with Michael Douglas when he simply can't take it anymore ??
Anyway , to conclude -I do not support ramming into group of cyclist and other criminal acts which may cost people's life.
However, I would really like to see a cyclist driving license/card required if they are to share the road. Right now it's a free style riding with majority of cyclists having an attitude problem.

I guess the cyclists get an attitude problem with having there life put on the line every time they go for a ride .. I for one when on my motorcycle treat any stupidity that could involve me from other road users as an attemp on my life.. That for sure gives me a bad attitude as a biker .. cyclists not looking or indicating or just acting the prat while im driving my car gives me a bad attitude too... all in the best possible taste of course..

when I ride a bike ( yeah , I don't spend ALL my time cu-clux-claning , smoking cigar and drinking in public places and shooting my rifle to whatever crosses my path ) I just can't get over what normal and otherwise reasonable drivers do in order to "avoid" me or make my ride safer and in result creating dangerous traffic situations . Must be that they have either bad experiences or expect something out of ordinary (and they are right).

Limono - If that really describes where you live and you dislike it so much, why not move somewhere more to your liking? Life's too short to be ticked off all the time...

Though I must admit I also get ticked by people double parking (or just standing in the middle of the road) where there is a parking spot 50 feet away. But not enough to raise my blood pressure ;-)

when I ride a bike..

Cycling to the Wiggly Piggly for Mr. Pibb doesn't count.

I imagine the training pros were just blocking the lane riding in a pack 25mph thinking that the road belongs to them .

The traffic regulations in your area probably treat cyclists as motor vehicles. The road 'belongs' (...paging Mr. Freud) to them as much as you.
You apparently feel very strongly about theses issues, sharing your insights on cyclists and minorities with the local police force is highly recommended.

Limono - If that really describes where you live and you dislike it so much, why not move somewhere more to your liking? Life's too short to be ticked off all the time...

Though I must admit I also get ticked by people double parking (or just standing in the middle of the road) where there is a parking spot 50 feet away. But not enough to raise my blood pressure ;-)

it describes it pretty well but there is a lot freedom in anarchy so you wage the cons and pros and choose your ways (and count expenses and sacrifices )You know , most of the words we used to say 20-30 years ago like " hate , love , study , feel ,friendship etc, etc " devalued so much nowadays that when I use "hate " it merely means that I'm ticked :D
I got my driver's license when I was 24 . I could not phantom that I ever afford a car in a small country I came from. Times changed but I would not miss the car a bit and would be happy with bicycle and a bus.
What usually "tick" me is cropping of entitlement groups and their demands;
cyclists , environmentalists ,vegans , nonsmokers , celebrities ,surfers etc. usually the underlying motive is that they are somehow superior to the masses of cannon meat tobacco smokers and deserve a special treatment, attention and bigger piece of a pie. Do they really ?
OK , since I broke the rules of my parlor (banned from trolling on internet for a week by my "wife to be ") I really need to go and seek that help you suggested :D
Warm regards, L

PS..."You apparently feel very strongly about theses issues, sharing your insights on cyclists and minorities with the local police force is highly recommended..."
Believe me , local police force has far more important things to cope with. Also , I wish you will never get stuck behind either a cyclists or "minority" group when you have a family emergency. You know , real world experiences are really enlightening and educational. (Mr. Freud still doesn't answer my paging ...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.