Nakamichi CR-1A - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th March 2013, 04:37 PM   #1
JohnG is offline JohnG  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Nakamichi CR-1A

Nakamichi CR-1A two head cassette deck for sale to a good home. $40 obo, plus shipping. Estimated shipping weight under 20 lbs.

I am the original owner, and it will come in the original box with manual. Everything was working when I last used it about 5 years ago, and everything still seems to work, but I cannot for the life of me find a cassette tape. I will look for one in the meantime.

Thanks,
John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nak.JPG (65.0 KB, 117 views)
Old 23rd March 2013, 02:58 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Free for PICKUP only - upstate NY

This deck worked a few weeks ago, but when I checked it out for a potential customer, it was not working.

It powers up, motor and tape handling appears to work ok, but no playback or record. I do not have time to fix this, but I did lift off the cover and did not find anything to obvious, although one resistor looked like it had gotten a little hot. From where the resistor was on the PCB, I think it in part of the input signal processing, but that's an educated guess, not a diagnosis.

If someone lives in or near the NY capital district and wants to pick it up for free, let me know. If you want it shipped, it's $20 plus shipping. No exceptions.

John
Old 24th March 2013, 08:43 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kannan_s
how much shipping to Austin ? does the tape spools ( drive Spindles) rotate ?
Old 24th March 2013, 11:50 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

About $30 via USPS (which is the only option for me). I would calculate a more exact amount, but you did not supply a zip code.

All the mechanical stuff appears to work (play, FF, REW, pause, and record), but all that comes out on play is some hiss and static, and the meters don't response to the input for recording. However, I'm selling this as is, since playback worked a couple of weeks ago, and I don't know what failed.

John

Hide this!Advertise here!