• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Philips CD-104 CD Player with All-Metal CDM-1 Laser Assembly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Philips CD-104 CD Player Upgraded (CDM-1/TDA1540P)

I have a Philips CD-104 CD Player available for sale.

Recapped Power Supply/Servo/Decoder/Laser/Spindle Motor Preamp boards with 105°C Low ESR Caps throughout.

All Boards have been resoldered to ensure reliability.

A new tray belt will be added as well to promote long term reliability asd well.

New good quality RCA Jacks replace "cheesy" attached Interconnect to allow the use of better IC's.

This CD Player plays all CD's even CDR's without a hitch. It betters my Theta Data with CDM9 Pro and my Esoteric P-10 with VRDS-3 & KSS-151A in tracking CD's.

I wish I could use this as a transport as it is that GOOD! No digital output :(

This CD Player sounds so smooth and non-digital-like that I get fooled into thinking that its analog. Its sound quality only errs in omission only! :)

Features of the infamous CD-104:

The first Philips "Motorized Tray System".

All-Metal (Diecast Zinc) Transport assembly using the uber quality Philips CDM-1 that's extremely reliable compared to the plastic-oriented laser assemblies of today.

All glass lenses in the laser assembly & quality laser diodes promoting extremely long life.

Metal Tray door assembly.

Dual TDA1540P Dac's with SAA7030 Digital Filter.

Quality parts in Analog stage using PS caps metal film resistors etc.

All metal construction.

Smooth sounding with no digital glare.

There are few hairline scratches on the top cover.

Price is $149.00 + FREE shipping (with insurance) to US & Canada

PayPal accepted for payment

Attachments

• Philips cd-104 001.jpg
    Philips cd-104 001.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 309
  • Philips cd-104 005.jpg
    Philips cd-104 005.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 308
  • Philips cd-104 003.jpg
    Philips cd-104 003.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 301
  • Philips cd-104 009.jpg
    Philips cd-104 009.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 296
  • Philips cd-104 011.jpg
    Philips cd-104 011.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 283
  • Philips cd-104 019.jpg
    Philips cd-104 019.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 90
  • Philips cd-104 014.jpg
    Philips cd-104 014.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Philips cd-104 007.jpg
    Philips cd-104 007.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Philips cd-104 008.jpg
    Philips cd-104 008.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Philips cd-104 016.jpg
    Philips cd-104 016.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Price Drop to $130 with FREE Delivery to US/Canada

Price Drop to $130 with FREE Delivery to US/Canada

I have a Philips CD-104 CD Player available for sale.

Recapped Power Supply/Servo/Decoder/Laser/Spindle Motor Preamp boards with 105°C Low ESR Caps throughout.

All Boards have been resoldered to ensure reliability.

A new tray belt will be added as well to promote long term reliability asd well.

New good quality RCA Jacks replace "cheesy" attached Interconnect to allow the use of better IC's.

This CD Player plays all CD's even CDR's without a hitch. It betters my Theta Data with CDM9 Pro and my Esoteric P-10 with VRDS-3 & KSS-151A in tracking CD's.

I wish I could use this as a transport as it is that GOOD! No digital output :(

This CD Player sounds so smooth and non-digital-like that I get fooled into thinking that its analog. Its sound quality only errs in omission only! :)

Features of the infamous CD-104:

The first Philips "Motorized Tray System".

All-Metal (Diecast Zinc) Transport assembly using the uber quality Philips CDM-1 that's extremely reliable compared to the plastic-oriented laser assemblies of today.

All glass lenses in the laser assembly & quality laser diodes promoting extremely long life.

Metal Tray door assembly.

Dual TDA1540P Dac's with SAA7030 Digital Filter.

Quality parts in Analog stage using PS caps metal film resistors etc.

All metal construction.

Smooth sounding with no digital glare.

There are few hairline scratches on the top cover.

Price is $149.00 + FREE shipping (with insurance) to US & Canada

PayPal accepted for payment

Any chance of getting a postal quote to the UK? Very interested as looking for something using the '1' but preferably already modded. Happy to pay asking price via PayPal plus whatever quote you can get as long as it is safe and boxed.

My ebay is teachersrus2 as well so you can see I do quite a bit and can be trusted despite my lack of posts here?

Just Sold Yesterday!

Just sold to Joe from Montreal yesterday.

Sorry,

Any chance of getting a postal quote to the UK? Very interested as looking for something using the '1' but preferably already modded. Happy to pay asking price via PayPal plus whatever quote you can get as long as it is safe and boxed.

My ebay is teachersrus2 as well so you can see I do quite a bit and can be trusted despite my lack of posts here?

hi dtm
here in serbia i am drooling over one 104. the guy who owns it declared that he has modify his player exactly the same way as you listed. can you tell me what were the old cons inside-the originals.
and is there any decent laser from present time which could replace the 104s if drop dead?
greetings

hi dtm
here in serbia i am drooling over one 104. the guy who owns it declared that he has modify his player exactly the same way as you listed. can you tell me what were the old cons inside-the originals.
and is there any decent laser from present time which could replace the 104s if drop dead?
greetings

104 (CDM0/1) Lasers are extremely rugged and do not fail too often.
The only problem with the 104 is the Solder pins that connect upper and lower tracings separate and of course capacitors dry out after 20 years or so...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.