• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bottlehead Paramour 2A3 monoblocks *to finish*

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone interested in a pair of Paramour 2A3 monoblocks? I built these a few years back and only have only used them a few times. Building the first monoblock I installed the C4S board, but I couldn't get it to work after troubleshooting, I backed it out to the stock version and built the second monoblock without the C4S board. I recently heard that there was problem with the early components delivered with these circuit boards.

The amps sound like expected except for an unacceptable amount of hum (the same amount in each channel, probably why the C4S board was necessary), so I suspect that troubleshooting and fixing the C4S boards or adding another voltage regulator would help bring the hum into acceptable territory.

So this is for the experienced builder or experimenter who wants to add a voltage regulator and finish them up. I didn't spend any time on the aesthetics of this (no stain or paint)—just pulled the components out of the box and built. I have more pressing projects and don't expect to ever finish this one up.

Asking $275 including stock tubes (practically new). Shipping and PayPal fees extra. The original kit was $599 (excluding the C4S boards I believe). Close-up picts of the build on request. Time to free up space in my audio cabinet!

Last edited:
The amps arrived safe and sound. They look like they have been in a time capsule. The issue was the varnished magnet wire furnished with the kit. Green Heron did a very good job on the build, it was residual of the varnish that poisoned a few solder joints. Removing the varnish and tinning the leads was a hugely painful task!!! But wonderful sounding little amps is the payoff!

Thank you for a great, gentlemanly transaction!!

Cheers,
Geary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.