• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Pair Hemp Acoustics FR8.1 NIB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pair of brand new, in original boxes Hemp Acoustics FR8, bought them for a project and lost interest. Sat in the boxed for almost four years, need the space. The current price is $128 / piece (at e-speakers.com), I'm asking
$130 for the pair plus shipping (probably less than $20 continental USA).
Full range, highly regarded, many designs on the web using this driver.

Thank you, Alex

Here are a few picture of the drivers.
Thanks, alex

Attachments

• P1020515.jpg
    P1020515.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 179
  • P1020516.jpg
    P1020516.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 160
  • P1020517.jpg
    P1020517.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 157
  • P1020518.jpg
    P1020518.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 159
I think these were "pre" version of the FR8C...by how much I don't know, and can't tell you exactly the differences between the two versions.
The manufacturer date code on mine is 02/08/07 and I'm attaching a pdf with the spec I found on the web.

thanks, alex

Attachments

• FR810HQ.pdf
    229.4 KB · Views: 66
I have those drivers in the Metronome cabinet that was designed for them. There's a picture of them at The Metronome. Highly recommended. They can use a little BSC, I have a 1 mH coil paralleled with a resistor of which I can't remember the value. Very nice with tubes, but right now they are in my bedroom hooked to an old Yamaha receiver and a Squeezebox and they sound good there too.

Bill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.