• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

tray gear for CD-M4 and CD-M9

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have some custom made tray loading gear for Philips (and Marantz) CD players using CD-M4 and CD-M9 mechanism.

It is molded by ABS plastic and will not break like the original gear.

Send private mail if you are interested.

Pic.

the left is for CD-M9 and right for CD-M4

Attachments

• gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,896
PS: They appear to come in and out of stock in Holland, perjhaps they do batches. The plastic on the new gears I have been getting is definately a different grade to the ones I replaced.

What player do you have?

975 and 970 definately use cdm9, 855/65 945/55/65 uses CDM4.
CDM4 does not strip gears often....

Thank you, Thomas, for your replacement drive wheels for the drawer on my Theta Pro Basic CD Transport, which had stopped dead the other week. I opened the case to find only a few teeth left on the drive wheel.
The teeth had been stripped off because the soft plastic gears had broken down from steady use & the case's interior heat.
Called Theta Technical: No parts left, I was told, without further help, leaving me with a $1,500 lump.
Nothing motivates me faster than to be told that something can't be fixed.
Off to the internet I went. Searching for "theta" led m to dyiaudio.com, then a message from Thomas in HongKong. Was I lucky!
Thomas has some replacement wheels he had made with tougher plastic, and would send me two by airmail to US for $25. I sent him the money thru Paypal and guess what?
The wheels arrived yesterday! Thanks Thomas. Thanks dyiaudio.com.
My Theta lump will be back in business as soon as I can mount the new wheel on the drive spindle.
--g'wyn
:cool:

Thomas:
Got up the courage today to install the replacement Theta drive wheel I got from Thomas in HongKong thru diyaudio.com.
With a magnifier lamp, working almost almost like a jeweler, I used an X-acto hobby knife with new sharp blade to clear the plastic debris from the broken gears from the top of the spindle shaft, gently, gently. then eased the damaged wheel off.
Cleaned spindle shaft with silicon lubricant, attached Thomas’s replacement wheel and it snapped on with a click!
I am so grateful to Thomas in HK -– especially after Theta said nothing could be done. Indeed!
Cheers Thomas!
--g’wyn
:)

Hi,

sorry i was not in hong kong. I back already. yes, I still had stock of M4& M9 gear.

pls let me know who still had interest.

Anyone can told me the plastic string of the M4 & M9! How long of them. I hope to provide full set to less the postage of the buyers.

Pls let me know the detail.

I had one supply of the CD mechanism plastic string supply that offer USD 3 per one only.

Ths price I will not earn any money & hope diyers can save some money. I will be same resell in same USD3.

thx

thomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.