• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

6SN7 Homebrew Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
OK, don't laugh, but not only does this look cool, but sounds quite nice too. Its a wooden Salad bowl from Crate and Barrel that I made into a preamp.

A pair of 6SN7 Tubes, and a nice Hammond power Tranny. Also has LED Bais.

The pre comes with both a 6X5 rectifier and a plug in SS rectifier (FWBR 1N4007 x 4), so you can decide which is best. Has DC on heaters.

The B+ is around 275V and it is a simple plate / cathode follower circuit. Nice caps too.

The bottom is open, so caution around kids / animals.

How's $275?

I actually have another identical wooden bowl that matches the pre available too for a matching amp...These would look pretty cool next to one of those IKEA wooden Salad Bowl Speakers...

Attachments

• P1010036.JPG
    P1010036.JPG
    677.8 KB · Views: 417
  • P1010037.JPG
    P1010037.JPG
    691.1 KB · Views: 395
  • P1010038.JPG
    P1010038.JPG
    671.4 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
No, I bought two of them from a local Crate and Barrel outlet store...they had tons of them,

But a few months later they were all gone. I used to stop in every few months to see if they had any more - but they were always out. I check on fleabay every now and then...nada...

Too bad, these worked perfectly...

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Its and octal base with four 1N14007 diodes in a FWBR layout, with hot glue fill. It s a home made plug in SS rectifier...so you can use the tube or the SS rectifier...

I should just finish the second "Bowl" with the Icepower 200ASC Amp modules and call it a set!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.