• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NHT Power2 ICEPower Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hello all,

These NHT Power2 amps come with a single ICEPower 500ASP amp module powering a pair of ICEPower 500A modules. Kind of a waste of the ASP module - as it does nothing but power the others...why not a third channels? What were they thinking??

Anyway, when I got the amp the 500ASP was blown. I took the pair of 500A for another project. I returned to the chassis a few years later and dropped in a 250ASP and a pair of 250A amp modules. Works perfectly - exactly like the ICEpower 500 modules (with less power).

The cost of a pair of 250A's and a single 250ASP eclipse what I am asking for the entire amp, but I need to sell off some gear for other projects. These amps have protection circuitry and an input buffer that make the ICEpower amps sound so much better to me...

Also has the Ethernet type connectors to make it work with the matching preamp.

Asking $375 + shipping. Original box included.

Attachments

• P1010036.JPG
    P1010036.JPG
    612.9 KB · Views: 639
  • P1010037.JPG
    P1010037.JPG
    663.1 KB · Views: 628
  • P1010038.JPG
    P1010038.JPG
    624.8 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
No, yours worked fine. I wanted two to biamp the tympanis, and the second one was faulty - never worked. It sat around forever until I just built my own ICEpower monoblocks.

This one was perfect condition inside and out (but bad 500ASP), so I salvaged it by putting in the 250A / 250ASP modules...

Hello all,

These NHT Power2 amps come with a single ICEPower 500ASP amp module powering a pair of ICEPower 500A modules. Kind of a waste of the ASP module - as it does nothing but power the others...why not a third channels? What were they thinking??

Anyway, when I got the amp the 500ASP was blown. I took the pair of 500A for another project. I returned to the chassis a few years later and dropped in a 250ASP and a pair of 250A amp modules. Works perfectly - exactly like the ICEpower 500 modules (with less power).

The cost of a pair of 250A's and a single 250ASP eclipse what I am asking for the entire amp, but I need to sell off some gear for other projects. These amps have protection circuitry and an input buffer that make the ICEpower amps sound so much better to me...

Also has the Ethernet type connectors to make it work with the matching preamp.

Asking $375 + shipping. Original box included.
do you have the original ice modules?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.