FS: AD 1862 N-J, 20-bit R-2R type D/A converter - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th January 2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Vadim is offline Vadim  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default FS: AD 1862 N-J, 20-bit R-2R type D/A converter

I have 10 AD 1862N-J D/A chips for sale. They are left over from a DAC project. 16-Pin DIP Package. Its a great 20-bit D/A chip to work with. Excellent linearity and THD with a curent output.

$20US each. Please PM if interested.
Old 29th January 2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Nikitas is offline Nikitas  Greece
diyAudio Member

Could you share your project?
Old 29th January 2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Vadim is offline Vadim  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseas View Post
Could you share your project?
Sure. A while ago, I built a 5 channel Dac for my Home Theater. There is a way to split the HDMI signal into 4 standard stereo SPDIF. From there you can build a multiple stereo Dacs as you see fit.

I chose to use a standard SC8416 for DIR and then I used ASRC from Analog Devices to up-sample to the higher rate. I used NPC 20-bit filter and some logic to invert the phase. Each channel used 4 AD1862 in a push-pull mode. I put most effort into an I/V converter, linear phase anti-aliasing filter and power supply. I tried to maintain at least 18-bit precision throughout.

AD1862 is a great chip; - you can trim it and actually see the LSB on the scope. I worked with more modern Sigma Delta Dac before and they were noisier. If I were building a DAC again, I would use 1862 before I go for 24-bit AKMs.

Hide this!Advertise here!