• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: AD 1862 N-J, 20-bit R-2R type D/A converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Could you share your project?

Sure. A while ago, I built a 5 channel Dac for my Home Theater. There is a way to split the HDMI signal into 4 standard stereo SPDIF. From there you can build a multiple stereo Dacs as you see fit.

I chose to use a standard SC8416 for DIR and then I used ASRC from Analog Devices to up-sample to the higher rate. I used NPC 20-bit filter and some logic to invert the phase. Each channel used 4 AD1862 in a push-pull mode. I put most effort into an I/V converter, linear phase anti-aliasing filter and power supply. I tried to maintain at least 18-bit precision throughout.

AD1862 is a great chip; - you can trim it and actually see the LSB on the scope. I worked with more modern Sigma Delta Dac before and they were noisier. If I were building a DAC again, I would use 1862 before I go for 24-bit AKMs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.