• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB/ 1 used good Svetlana EL34 tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That looks like about 43 on a TV/7, but I know mine may be a few points out of whack, as I've recently started attempting to calibrate it but ran into a snag on setting the filament voltage. I think I have some in range. Maybe the first thing is to try for a current match. What are you using these in?

Ok, mine's triode mode, but with individual bias adjustments and 10ohm resistors. Should be comparable with calculations. I only have a few spare GZ34's so I want to keep those on hand. I do have some good 7199s if you are in need of those but I'll want to get market value for them. You do know you're probably better off buying a matched pair of outputs right? But if you need to be frugal hopefully this can work out.

I know that I'm better off buying a pair but I have three reasonably matched ones and one below minimum and shorting under the voltage so need one just to sort out the amp. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. I took a quad of JJ kt77 of other amp and so far I'm less than thrilled . We'll see. Thank you that you're willing to bother with this

The more I think about this, trying to match over the internet seems doomed to failure (pending development of iMatchUSB (tm))...:D Would you consider sending me the tube to match so I can find the best match for it out of what I have? The alternative would be just sending you an average measuring one, and you could plug 'n' pray...

The more I think about this, trying to match over the internet seems doomed to failure (pending development of iMatchUSB (tm))...:D Would you consider sending me the tube to match so I can find the best match for it out of what I have? The alternative would be just sending you an average measuring one, and you could plug 'n' pray...

Just send me an average good testing tube .. PM me with total to 60016 and will take it from there. :)
Regards, L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.