• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS Stereo SE KT88 Amp Build Parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale are the parts to build a SE KT88 tube amp. This project is based on the amp disussed in this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tube...8-build-abdellah-diyaudioprojects-design.html
I will include all the items on the attached spreadsheet and in the attached pictures. I have included all the documentation for the project in this thread.
It is up to the purchaser to complete the build. I am of little use as this was to be my first and it never happened.
$400 shipped, you cover fees.

2013-01-19 18.25.24.jpg

2013-01-19 18.35.51.jpg

2013-01-19 18.41.36.jpg

KT88 Parts.jpg

KT88 Schematic.jpg

KT88 Layout.jpg

Good deal and excellent sounding amp....

I just built one VERY similar cept 6L6 SEUL and I have many parts getting ready to build another but I might try parallel 6L6 for a little more power. Although what I've got now is not bad. I wanted to do the Parallel version for my Infinity QLS-III speakers.. 4ohm and below. Parallel KT88/6550 might be a bit much for the transformers, so I could build the parallel version and sub in just 2 KT88s or 4 6L6 tubes depending on my mood/speakers of the day, that and I've not done a parallel SE build yet. I hate waiting 6 weeks for Edcor OPTs and that's about all I can afford right now. I used a GSXE version last build, got'em right here at the swap meet.

Cheers,
Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.