• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: ScanSpeak Illuminator 18WU/8741T

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Selling a pair of ScanSpeak Illuminator 7" Paper Cone Woofers -18WU/8741T-00 (8 Ohm)

Purchased new from Madisound in early 2012. Mounted, and used for approx. 100 hours. They remain in excellent condition - I just changed direction with the project.

$390 for the pair - I'll cover shipping and Paypal within the continental US.

Please let me know if you have any questions our would like additional photos.

Thanks
Ryan
Duluth, Minnesota

Attachments

• _RAM1733.jpg
    _RAM1733.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 271
  • _RAM1737.jpg
    _RAM1737.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 260
  • _RAM1739.jpg
    _RAM1739.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 251
  • _RAM1750.jpg
    _RAM1750.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 244
  • _RAM1738.jpg
    _RAM1738.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 240
  • _RAM1754.jpg
    _RAM1754.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Ryan,
Do you mind posting the measurements that you got from your testing? I am always curious what others measure in production loudspeakers and as the ScanSpeaks are held in high regards I would love to see what you have gotten. I have had many different speakers that I have bought just to test and then back in the box to languish. Not to impressed with most so called high end speakers when you get down to it. I bet my 6 1/2" cones would blow them out of the water but they aren't for sale on the market just yet. Coming soon to any DIYer near you soon.

Steven

Last edited:
cotdt,
Does approaching 1" peak to peak interest you in a 6 1/2" with an fs of 36hz and an upper limit above 2.5Khz? That is what I have and am listening to now. Looks like we have similar design considerations from just looking at the pictures of the drivers, long excursion and neo magnetic structure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.