Packard Bell Tube Amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th January 2013, 11:01 PM   #1
mikje is offline mikje  United States
Soakin' up the Sound!
diyAudio Member

Default Packard Bell Tube Amp

---SOLD---
I've decided to sell my first tube amp; a Packard Bell I pulled from a 1964 console. It's got the following complement of tubes: 1- 5U4GB, 2- 12AX7A, 4- EL84. All the tubes are Packard Bell tubes. I replaced all the caps except the big "combination cap." It works great and the only reason I'm selling it is I bought a Jolida tube amp off the local classifieds for an unbelievably low price. The amp has a volume control, one set stereo of inputs, and pair of speaker outputs.
Asking price is $100 plus shipping. PayPal is fine.
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1131- compressed.jpg (141.8 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg TubeAmpCaseCompressed(0-1).JPG (133.3 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg TubeAmpCaseCompressed(1).JPG (290.0 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg TubeAmpCaseCompressed(2).JPG (297.8 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg TubeAmpCaseCompressed(3).JPG (263.0 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg TubeAmpCaseCompressed(4).JPG (292.3 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by mikje; 14th January 2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 15th January 2013, 02:45 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Packard Bell

Hi Mike,
I wish I have seen you amp listed earlier. I would love to buy it so I can study it to fix my.
I have one like it and I am trying to pull it out of the console to make it work as stand alone unit.
I jumped the power to have it turn on without connecting to the console preamp 9 pin cord; but the sound volume was very little!?
It sound great and loud when connect back to the console.
Could you please help me to troubleshoot.
Best regards,
Frank
Old 15th January 2013, 03:19 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Mike,
I am not sure how to navigate around this forum yet. I am a new member.
Congrats on the purchase of your new Jolida amp. What model is it? Does it sound a lot better than your old Parkard Bell? Louder? WPC?
Do you know what is the power output on your old Parkard Bell amp wpc?
I have one and in the process of mods it to make it as a stand alone unit (without the console).
I need you help to walk me through the process if possible.
I was able to find the power and made a jumper to connect the unit for power (without the 9 pin connected to the preamp console unit). But with a very low volume (using the same speakers so the spks efficiency is not an issue)
Could you please tell me where to look next?
Thank you,
Frank

Hide this!Advertise here!