• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Toshiba 2SJ109-V Dual JFETs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Updated 18th November 2015:

I've now got less than 100 JFETs left, and I'll be keeping about half of them for my own use. I've measured the remaining 2SJ109s for IDSS, and sorted them into 0.5mA bins, and they're a mix of the two batches. Here is what I've got:

11.5 to 11.9: 6
12.0 to 12.4: 1
12.5 to 12.9: 2
13.0 to 13.4: 2
13.5 to 13.9: 4
14.0 to 14.4: 8
14.5 to 14.9: 10
15.0 to 15.4: 8
15.5 to 15.9: 12
16.0 to 16.4: 4
16.5 to 16.9: 3
17.0 to 17.4: 13
17.5 to 17.9: 8
18.0 to 18.4: 2

It's been almost three years, they're almost gone, get them while you can. The price is USD16 each, PM me for a postage quote, the postage prices below are well out of date.

Thanks to everyone who bought some JFETs,
Anton

PS: For inspiration, below are some pictures of a project I've used these in:

MLAc.jpg

MLAb.jpg

MLAa.jpg

I've got a substantial quantity of Toshiba 2SJ109 JFETs to sell. They're all V grade, about half are batch 8A, the other half are batch 8C. They're new, old stock, I think the number part of the batch means year, so they're probably from 1998 (I think these weren't produce as late as 2008).

These are the genuine article. I've posted some pictures below, the first is of a 2SK389 / 2SJ109 JFET IDSS tester that I made out of a surplus PCB. The second is of that tester being used to test a 2SJ109. The third is a close up of a 2SJ109 in the tester. I tested a sample of 16 (8 from each batch) in the tester, and I got a range of results, from 11.6 to 17.4mA. The V grade IDSS bin is from 10 to 20mA, so that's what you'd expect.

The best test of all though is that I built a couple into a preamp, see picture four. They sound good, that's the most important thing! Picture five shows them with boxes from another, different, batch of 2SJ109s. I don't actually have the original packaging from the batch I'm selling.

I'm selling these for USD16.00 each, plus postage, in lots of 2 to 20. Payment can be made by PayPal. Postage prices depend on your zone, you can find which zone you're in here. For any orders of more than eight 2SJ109s I'll only ship them by tracked courier, anything sent by airmail is at the buyer's risk. The prices are:
- Zone A airmail USD5.80, international economy courier USD21.20
- Zone B airmail USD8.50, international express courier USD54.50
- Zone C airmail USD9.80, international economy courier USD37.00
- Zone D airmail USD11.10, international economy courier USD38.70
- Zone E airmail USD11.10, international express courier USD58.80

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I may be willing to do trades for other parts. Items I'd be interested in are Japanese audio transistors, lateral MOSFETs, R2R DACs, audio film and electrolytic capacitors, all new or new, old stock and genuine only.

EDIT - I'm now selling matched sets as well for no extra cost. At the moment I have measured the whole of batch 8C for IDSS and grouped them in 0.5mA IDSS bins. I have at least 10 2SJ109s in most bins from 11 to 18mA.

Attachments

• 2SJ109a.jpg
    2SJ109a.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 2,582
  • 2SJ109b.jpg
    2SJ109b.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,539
  • 2SJ109c.jpg
    2SJ109c.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 2,049
  • 2SJ109d.jpg
    2SJ109d.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 2,025
  • 2SJ109e.jpg
    2SJ109e.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 2,046
Last edited:
hmm, need to think on that at that price. already have enough J74 and a few J109BL, but no V. looks like you may have enough of them to have them around for a few days, i'll drop you a line after the weekend. may want 4-6 just airmail to Au, will you offer matched at all?

@Algar_emi: It's only new, and I'm still working out a couple of issues, so I'm not ready to release any schematics. The Pumpkin Pre uses 2SJ109s I think, maybe give that a look.

@qusp: I can match them, but it's not something I'm that keen to do. Any matching I do will only be to the nearest 0.5mA IDSS. Everyone, please only request matching if you actually need it. I've matched a few, but I'm not going to match them all, there's just too many.

@EUVL: Yes, I've got 2SK389-Vs and 2SJ109-BLs, but they're not for sale unfortunately.

@sidiy: Do they absolutely need to be matched?

@sidiy: Do they absolutely need to be matched?

Not in-between them, to the last uA, but more like a in a current range...that will improve my chances to pair them with the n-channels I have.
I just re-checked my stash of 2SK389V (6 in total :sad:) and all I have are 'leftovers' from my projects, in the low end of the V-grade between 11.6mA and 14mA.
So if I can reformulate my request it will be for all 4 in this range. I perfectly understand that answering to such personalized requests is not what you have hoped for and I will take them anyway, fingers crossed :dice::dice:!

Thanks!

OK cool thanks mate, i'll shoot you a PM once i've worked out my finances for the week, i'm just waiting on some coin to come back in from some GB items I covered Tax for before I have any hobby budget to play with. matched would be preferred, but yeah nothing crazy, your 0.5ma is fine. I would be pairing them with k170 pairs as I have lots of these matched already.

will get back to you asap.

Thanks buzzforb, I'm looking forward to getting them.

An update for those who bought some JFETs:
- buzzforb: shipped 14/1/2013
- secanbj: shipped 14/1/2013
- milandks: shipped 14/1/2013
- sidiy: shipped 17/1/2013
- ticknpop: packed, holding until 24/1/2013
- metallicus69: packed

Rudi, yours will be shipped tomorrow.

There's been a lot of feedback about matching, so I've decided to offer matching to whoever requests it. I'll be matching them to the nearest 0.5mA IDSS. Feel free to also request a particular IDSS range, I'll give you that IDSS if I have them. All I ask is that if you don't need them match, please don't request it.

I've measured the IDSS of about 70 batch 8C devices so far, I'll be using those for the matched sales. The 8A I'll use for the unmatched sales.

I've now matched the entire 8C batch, I'll still be using the 8A batch to provide unmatch JFETs. There was quite an even IDSS spread from 11.5 to 17.5mA, and I can offer at least 12 matched JFETs in most 0.5mA IDSS group.

I've done the matching at a static controlled workstation, and I've binned them in a RaccoStat ESD safe service box, so there's no static damage worries.

Attachments

• 2SJ109f.jpg
    2SJ109f.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 572
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.