• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: 30k 2W Carbon Film Resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ugh... bought 3k in my last parts order when I needed 30k; never order parts when you're dozing off

Parts I bought are KOA-Speer. If you've got the same, awesome!

Let me know what you've got and what you've want? I think I need two, but like to order in quantities of 5 for matching. Whatever you've got, I'll buy 'em!

Just don't want to pay $20 for shipping $2 worth of parts from Mouser...

Ugh... bought 3k in my last parts order when I needed 30k; never order parts when you're dozing off

Parts I bought are KOA-Speer. If you've got the same, awesome!

Let me know what you've got and what you've want? I think I need two, but like to order in quantities of 5 for matching. Whatever you've got, I'll buy 'em!

Just don't want to pay $20 for shipping $2 worth of parts from Mouser...

I have 27K, 5W Kwame resistors If they'll work for you. If you HAVE to have KAO-Speer, you might be SOL. However Parts Connection, in good old CA, has Kwame, 30K, 2 watt, @ $1.10 ea., + shipping. If you ask them, they'll put them in an envelope charging minimal postage. PERSONALLY, I think the Kwame's are superior to KAO-Speer.

I have 27K, 5W Kwame resistors If they'll work for you. If you HAVE to have KAO-Speer, you might be SOL. However Parts Connection, in good old CA, has Kwame, 30K, 2 watt, @ $1.10 ea., + shipping. If you ask them, they'll put them in an envelope charging minimal postage. PERSONALLY, I think the Kwame's are superior to KAO-Speer.

I should be able to series those with the 3k parts I have (not sure if that will introduce noise, etc into the circuit, though). Let me know what you want for em!

I did get in touch with them--five resistors + shipping is $14. I might just make the drive out one day this week and do a pick-up, see some friends on the way. Parts Connexion is way on the other side of the city, ~1h by car.

I should be able to series those with the 3k parts I have (not sure if that will introduce noise, etc into the circuit, though). Let me know what you want for em!

I did get in touch with them--five resistors + shipping is $14. I might just make the drive out one day this week and do a pick-up, see some friends on the way. Parts Connexion is way on the other side of the city, ~1h by car.

Call them and ask them if they can just put them into a padded envelope and ship them Parcel Post, as cheaply as possible. They've sent them to me like that before in the States, and it wasn't $8.50. And even if they can't, is $8.50 worth @ least 2 hours of your time, wear and tear on your vehicle, and fuel, to do that? Besides, after you get there and start looking around, you'll end up buying even MORE stuff you don't need. :) I wouldn't advise mixing resistors and all that to come up with the correct values. Bite the bullet on this one and chalk it up to experience.

Call them and ask them if they can just put them into a padded envelope and ship them Parcel Post, as cheaply as possible. They've sent them to me like that before in the States, and it wasn't $8.50. And even if they can't, is $8.50 worth @ least 2 hours of your time, wear and tear on your vehicle, and fuel, to do that? Besides, after you get there and start looking around, you'll end up buying even MORE stuff you don't need. :) I wouldn't advise mixing resistors and all that to come up with the correct values. Bite the bullet on this one and chalk it up to experience.

I'm probably not going to learn the lesson of drinking while ordering parts, sadly ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.