• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Magnequest MQ-565 PP "ST-70" Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Couldn't change it, but provisionally sold them to Jim even with the typo.

PP VT-52s was precisely my plan for these but I've been real happy with my Peerless PP AB2 6A5gs that Mike built me iron for back in the Sound Practices days.

After unpacking those babies af that were lost in storage limbo for seven years, I got lazy about building another PP because rediscovering forgotten amps is like having new amps and the sound is right where I want to be.

I always got excellent music out of MQ iron, myself.

And it happens that I am writing this from snowy Philly, home of Magnequest and a couple good cheesesteak joints, which sounds like a plan for lunch...a cheesesteak on a seeded roll with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe, not MQ iron.

Pat's and Geno's are for the tourists or maybe for 3AM barhopping snacks, which is when they taste the best.

I grew up in this neighborhood, so I know where the real cheesesteak artistry goes down! There are a few small Italian delis I love, two which have been around since the 1930s.

In Italy, cheesesteaks are not Italian food but in Philly they are a branch of that tree. I'm dreaming of rapini sauteed with garlic and sharp provolone cut from a huge cheese hanging from the ceiling on my sandwich. I am on my way..

No such thing as cheesteakes in Italy but all the provolone you need (on the table for dinner right now). I believe cheesteakes might be a business here too, kebab are now really ubiquitous, not exactly the same thing but on the same nallpwrk.

Sorry for the insane OT,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.