• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Attn RAW: please respond to my emails

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear RAW / Al Wooley,
(of http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/wrnch2/)

It is upsetting to me to have to post in a public forum, but you have not been responding to my emails. We both agreed that a claim should be filed for my damaged shipment and I asked you to do so on October 1st. I still do not know if you have even filed the claim at this point; despite my emails on 10/27, 10/30, and 11/3 you have not indicated that this has happened.

I know that you are receiving my emails because you respond to some of them (10/27 and 11/2) but you don't answer the questions I ask.

You stated on 11/2 that I would have to file the claim myself. Why you said this is a mystery to me because on 9/22 I informed you that

1) DHL claims MUST be submitted by the shipper
2) I had provided all information available to DHL
3) I started a case with DHL even though I could not file a claim
4) I had sent you pictures of the condition of the shipment

I know that DHL was supposed to call you but when a week and a half went by and I asked you to contact them (10/1), I expected you to do so or at least let me know that you did not intend to. I did not expect to hear on 11/3 that you expected me to file the claim.

Perhaps this is an isolated incident but I cannot say I am impressed with the level of customer service. I now feel that I should have simply gone with a big company like Parts Express. The cost difference was only about 20% and I know I would not have had a hassle. This is sad, because I would prefer to support a DIYer who is coming up with interesting products.

You have my email address and phone number. I hope that you can work with me to resolve this in the near future. The most frustrating thing is simply the lack of communication.

Thank you.
Tyler / Tiroth

Shipping this was just a mess.
The cabinet was sold as a test cabinet and had over 30 screw holes in the material all over and this showed on the pictures I had on line.This is not the issue.I wrapped the cabinet in 1/4" MDF nailed on with small brads and sent it off.
I will say that this cabinet was sold for $25.00 USD
Made out of MDF flush mounted driver hole ect.
Not a bad deal for $25.00 by far the MDF is 3 times the cost.
Anyway it was sold with a Shiva driver.Upon arrival to the customers it had a few nails showing.(please just pull themout)
And a small chip in the corner.This chip would use less fill than 2-3 of the 30 holes that needed to be filled.

I told the customer to contact DHL.The claim has to be looked at at the reciever end not shipper end.(that is impossible) how can they even look at the damaged $25.00 cabinet.
Fine to be a great person I contact DHL they say to get the customer to place the claim as it has to be looked at by a inspector at the recieving end.
They laughed when I stated the amount of the claim.
$25.00 you are joking, correct I said yes correct.

Well make this to the point as I as well as any other company will not go any more into detail.But for a $25.00 cabinet that cost $45.00CND to send was a loss on my side in the first place It was sold out so cheap as he bought a Shiva and I wanted to move out a few test cabinets.

I think I have been more than patient with the deal in total.
Fill the end and finish the cabinet.
This cabinet was in RAW MDF unfinished.

AL
RAW ACOUSTICS

RAW,

The cabinet was, I believe, listed for US$100 (or was it $120?), and you offered it with Shiva for US$210 (this is what I paid via PayPal). I do not know where you are coming from with your $25 figure. Even if you subtract out shipping that is more than double that, not to mention that the way it was packaged the driver can never be returned for warranty should it need it.

If you had a problem filing a claim you should have communicated that to me. When I spoke with you over the phone you did not think it unreasonable to file a claim, so I don't understand the attitude you have now. I have zero emails from you that say you even talked to DHL. If you had simply told me in September that it wasn't worth making a claim we could have resolved things then. You needn't have made me waste hours talking to DHL and relaying info to you.

And I reiterate that you are completely wrong about the DHL claim process. Try calling them--they'll be happy to explain it! I know, because I spent over four hours on the phone with them! YOU must file the claim. Perhaps they will send a rep out to look at it at the receiving end, but only AFTER the claim is filed.

I don't want this thread to turn into a flame war and I won't continue this if you don't. I had hoped you would be happy to resolve the problem, since it is no skin off your teeth to file a claim. It is obvious that you have no desire to do so. I can say that I will never consider buying from you again--not because of the shipping problem, but because of the deplorable way you handled it.

I would suggest to other forum members that they consider my experience before placing an order with RAW. It definitely was not worth the hassle. I am not a problem customer; just ask Ron Welborne, Ric Schultz, or Steve @ ApexJr (all with excellant service BTW!).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

OK folks here is the damaged corner along with a brad that can be pulled out as I said before.
The cost of this kit included shipping the SHIVA and this test cabinet.
In the end the cabinet price was $25.00 after shipping and the Shiva Price
Large profit for my work not a chance.

I am sorry you never understood my contact with you.
AS I did my best to settle this with you.
I have and will not go any were with this issue.
The photo shows all.

Al

Your pic is highly misleading. Besides, the extent of the damage is irrelevant; we both agreed in September that the shipper should not have removed the package from its box, discarded the box, removed the protective panels, then sent it on with the panels attached only with packing tape. The box was literally falling apart on my doorstop.

I can only suspect at this point that either
a) when you discovered how much work filing a claim was you changed your mind and decided not to tell me; or,
b) you never boxed the shipment in cardboard as you claim, and this is why you can't file a claim with the shipper.

If you didn't want to file a claim you could have been a man about it and told me on the phone in September. You sure are a lot more belligerent online. I am sure that my emotions come through but I would like to think that I am remaining polite.

"Here are some pics. The damage appears to be minor but I don't want to open it up
Thanks,
Tyler"

A quote from your own email. You sent me the photo so how can it be missleading? Who is missleading who?

DHL Claims

Claims are limited to one claim per shipment, the settlement of which will be full and final settlement for all loss or damage in connection therewith. Claims must be submitted in writing to DHL within nine (9) months after the delivery of the shipment, except that claims for failure to make delivery must be submitted in writing within nine (9) months after a reasonable time for delivery has elapsed. Written notice of concealed loss or damage must be given to DHL within fifteen (15) days after the delivery of the package. Claims and notices should be submitted to DHL at DHL Claims Department, 1144 West Washington Street, Tempe, Arizona 85281.

Suit for loss of or damage to a shipment must be instituted against DHL no later than two (2) years and one (1) day from the date when DHL gives written denial of any part of the claim.

All of the original shipping cartons, packing and contents must be made available for DHL’s inspection and retained until the claim is concluded.

DHL is not obligated to act on any claim until all transportation charges have been paid.

DHL shall not be liable for damage to exterior packaging and outside shipping containers.

This is a direct quote from DHL online claims instructions. It does not specify who is to make the claim (as you stated in one of your posts). Since they seem to need access to the damaged goods, would one not conclude that the person who received the damaged goods could and should be making the claim?????

After going through all the emails, it seems to me you should be posting about DHL, not me. An exerpt from your email Sept 11th...

"I've received the shipment. It looks as though customs or the shipper may have had some fun with it; it arrived marked "open and resealed by customs" bearing a DHL logo on the customs tape. It was not double-boxed but was enclosed only by some pressboard which had been (!) nailed directly to the MDF with wire brads. Several of the protective panels had worked through the brad heads and were held on loosely by packing tape."

And then your email dated Sep 12th...

"I guess pass it on and I'll see what DHL has to say. I'm not sure it is really worth pursuing but at the same time I think it is pretty
ridiculous not to repack it once opened. If the driver hadn't been
totally recessed it would surely have been damaged as it arrived face-down with three panels falling off."

From this point on, you have been waiting for DHL to contact me. It's not my fault they haven't done that. I have always responded to you when asked if they have contacted me yet.

I think this "rant" should be directed at the company that deserves it, not me, who has been more than willing to help.

I won't be responding here any more regarding this, I think your anger is misdirected and I don't appreciate it.

Al

RAW,

This is very frustrating because you are working hard to spin the situation. I am glad to hear that you will not be responding further, because everything you have posted to date is misinformation.

You don't need to speculate about DHL's claim process. I know DHL's policies because I have talked to their claims department--something you have obviously NOT done.

From this point on, you have been waiting for DHL to contact me. It's not my fault they haven't done that. I have always responded to you when asked if they have contacted me yet.
That would be true had I not emailed you on 10/1 and asked you to call them. I even gave you the contact information.

What you don't seem to understand is that I was not upset with you. I know it is not your fault that it was damaged in shipment. But since only you can file the claim I am at your mercy. You can see here that my frustration was squarely with the shipper/customs.

As I have said before, you have the ability to call or email me to discuss this offline. I am afraid that you have made your unwillingness to assist me quite clear. I am sure that any future customers can count on a similar level of support should there be a shipping problem.

tiroth,
Sorry for buttin-in in your dispute, but as the radio show host Bill Handel would say "you have absolutely NO case". ;)

Raw may be behaving like an ***, I don't know why he is declaring 25$ value (I am not saying he IS an ***) but you should have known better than to have an heavy piece of s*** like that shipped from another country across the continent.
We have glorious cabinet makers here in the US.

I think Mr. Wooley is deliberately trying to make the truth hard to figure out. ;) The price paid was $210 + a nominal handling fee. I believe the cabinet was listed at US$100-$120, and $210 if bought with an Adire Shiva. It seemed like a deal at the time because of the free shipping, otherwise I could have picked up a similar cabinet at Parts Express for almost the same money. (more hassle though--or so I thought!)

Grataku,

You have a point I am afraid, although many places in Canada are closer to me than areas of the U.S. ;) My Proacs are lovely and were made by a local woodworker, but this was more of an experimental project so I just wanted a cheap cabinet fast.

Since I saw RAW posting today I thought I would note that he has still not even contacted me about the issues raised in this thread. I certainly would caution anyone against purchasing merchandise from this individual.

If this remains the last post, you can be certain that he has not resolved the problem. If by some miracle he had, I would have noted it here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.