• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BMS Pro Audio, 18", 8", horns, ultimate 3-way setup, mint

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not on here a whole lot, but figured I would give you guys a shot at this gear as well as it may draw more of a crowd here than on the mobile audio sites I frequent.

This is difficult for me to list for sale, but these have become expensive closet items and after spending the last 10 days attempting designs, I cannot feasibly install them in my new vehicle.

Items for sale:

I have one pair of each of the following:

BMS 18N862-8 18" woofers
BMS 8S215-8 8" midrange/midwoofer
BMS 4550-8 1" compression drivers (also with modified ID mini horns)

As some of you know, the 18" woofers were purchased from Vance Dickason at the beginning of this year. Serial numbers 0005 and 0006 were shipped to him by BMS for testing and review after they made their first two prototype pairs. They were never mounted and were sold to me as new-tested. The 8S215 and the 4550 were purchased shortly thereafter from Jeff at Assistance Audio in Utah and USSpeaker, respectively.

Condition:

All serial numbers are verifiable, intact, and each piece is genuine. All coils measure as they should. They were given relatively low power with tons of headroom and were never abused. With the efficiency of these drivers coupled with the confined space of a vehicle cabin, it was just about impossible to hurt them before suffering permanent hearing loss or cardiac arrest. :D All gear is rated at a conservative 9/10 cosmetically and 10/10 functionally. I have all original packaging for the woofers and the mids. The compression drivers came in some generic boxes that weren't worth saving but will be double-boxed and well-insulated.

Price:

It would really be nice to find someone who could use all these drivers in a single setup the way I did, either in a vehicle or home. They are perfectly matched for a 3-way setup and complement each other wonderfully. These are somewhat difficult to find, and even moreso below retail or used, so it is difficult to know exactly where to price them. From what I have found, retail on the 18" is about $850 a piece. Retail on the 8S215 and 4550 is about $300/pr. Here is where I will start and we'll go from there:

18N862-8 (single/pair): $475/$800
8S215-8 (pair): $235
4550-8 (pair): $240

All Drivers: $1150

All above prices will include FedEx Ground/Home Delivery, insurance/declared value for the full purchase amount, and Direct Signature in the lower 48 states. I am not interested in splitting up single drivers, with the exception of the 18" woofers. Preference will be given to someone who wants everything.

I am NOT looking for any gear trades at this time. I would consider Money Orders but prefer PayPal. No dibs please. I have done a lot of business on DIYMA as well as several other car audio sites and eBay. Please feel confident doing business with me, and feel free to ask any questions before deciding to buy. You can PM me here or email me at mikey7182@gmail.com.

Additional info:

Here are links to specs on all drivers. Also, please note that the serial numbers on the woofers themselves show 18N860 instead of 862. Vance said they did not yet have serial tags printed up for these woofers when they were shipped to him so they used some off the previous model run. The tags on the boxes they were shipped in show 18N862 and his testing confirms the T/S parameters published by BMS.

18N862-8 specs:

Overview

8S215-8 specs:

Overview

4550-8 specs:

Overview

My Build Log:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...y/126807-mikes-new-pro-audio-blowthrough.html

Pictures:

2012-12-08_14-40-55_177.jpg

2012-12-08_14-40-24_921.jpg

2012-12-08_14-40-36_590.jpg

2012-12-08_14-41-09_888.jpg

2012-12-08_14-44-05_196.jpg

2012-12-08_14-42-55_170.jpg

2012-12-08_14-43-00_85.jpg

2012-12-08_14-43-09_837.jpg

2012-12-08_14-43-36_329.jpg

Last edited:
It was in his Ford truck. The 18s were in the bed firing inside the cabin from a blow through. They played up to about 300 hertz. The 8s played about 300-1k, and the horns went from there.

Thank you sir. DJ, my build log is linked in the first post if you want to check the install out. I had this in a 2004 F150 SuperCrew for about 8 months. I pulled it out last month when I got rid of the truck, and have a 2000 Accord sedan now. Considered a single 18" IB in the trunk but I can't figure out how to shoehorn it in there quite right. Not looking for any trades- just cash. Thanks!

How do the 4550's compare to the DE500 you were running? I currently am running DE500s in mini bodies and love them.

I have used a few different compression drivers, and settled on the DE500 for several years because I liked them best. The 4550 were the first that impressed me enough to not go back to the B&C. Every install is a bit different obviously, but I used the DE500 in enough different setups to feel very familiar with their sound. The BMS have a "crispness" to them for lack of a better term, and I would say this applies to all the drivers I have for sale here. Extremely low distortion, very well-designed IMO. It was definitely the best install I have done to date, and I've done quite a few.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.