Free or very cheap: HK receiver, AR integrated amp, Sony CD player, other stuff - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th December 2012, 10:06 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Jack Hidley
Except for the power supplies, everything was shipped yesterday.
Old 8th December 2012, 02:54 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Jack, got the AR. It got destroyed in transit. Not enough packing for a heavy amp. It is not salvageable. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but..
Old 8th December 2012, 10:39 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Jack? I honestly can't believe how this came to me so under packed being as heavy as it is. I knew it was trashed before I even opened the box- loose parts rattling around and the whole thing was loose inside with no buffer from impact- at least 2-3 inches of up and down play and 2-3 inches of side to side play- no padding top or bottom, front or back and a box barely bigger than the unit. Cover is all bent (wasn't secured to unit on one side), chassis is bent, faceplate is cracked in about 8 places with plastic shards everywhere and was falling off the unit. If you needed more money to pack it right, you should have asked. Why? I'm very disappointed.

Last edited by hatrack71; 8th December 2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 8th December 2012, 02:59 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Hi Jack,

This is nothing to do with the post above, but in case you haven't mailed my items, is it possible just to refund my money?
Old 8th December 2012, 10:36 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Kyle,

I'm sorry that the amplifier was damaged. I packaged it with the best materials I had that were free. Considering that I specifically asked if you could pay for the amplifier in any way, and you responded by providing $0.69, it doesn't seem to that you possibly could have afforded to pay for any shipping materials.

If you still have the packaging and amplifier, you can send me photos and I'll submit a claim to UPS to see if I can get the shipping money back. I'm not going to give you money out of my pocket, when I gave you the amplifier.

This is exactly why I hate helping people on this board. Too much of the time it comes back to bite you in the rear. You give them something for free, then they complain that you won't help them fix it, provide a schematic, etc, etc.
Old 8th December 2012, 10:41 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hidley View Post
This is exactly why I hate helping people on this board. Too much of the time it comes back to bite you in the rear. You give them something for free, then they complain that you won't help them fix it, provide a schematic, etc, etc.
Jack did you send the amps?
If so, did you send a schematic?
And a description of what was wrong and how to fix it?
I gave you $15, that must buy a lot of packing eh?
Okay, I'll stop. Seriously though did you get my payment and send it?
Also I agree never ship anything if it is free.
I give away a lot for free and I never ship
Old 8th December 2012, 10:47 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Jimmy,

Yes, as described in post #11 above, I shipped everything already.

I honestly didn't expect that many people would want any of this stuff shipped. I figured most people would pick it up, or not ask for it, due to the shipping weight involved. I can't imagine asking for something which is free, and not offering to pay for shipping materials at a minimum, much less the persons time.

The service manual is packaged with the Carver. Once you get it, let me know and I'll go over what needs to be fixed.
Old 8th December 2012, 10:51 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

I think Jimmy was trying to be funny!
Old 8th December 2012, 11:37 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Jack, I see where you are coming from and I'm not trying to be an a$$hole. I just have a difficult time seeing gear destroyed when it could have been prevented. I didn't realize you were short packing material- my bad! Maybe donating everything locally might have been a safer, cheaper avenue this go around. That's what I usually do as there are plenty of starving audiophiles around here. I will admit, last 2 days have not gone well for me and I probably directed some of my frustrations toward you. You did a nice thing by offering this stuff up for free. I'm sorry for my comments Jack. Just forget I said anything please. I think I lost perspective here, you definitely are a good guy. Merry Christmas.
Old 12th December 2012, 01:53 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Thanks Jack,
My H/K arrived more or less undamaged, I think.
The Carver didn't fair so well lol
How can I fix what was originally wrong with it?

Hide this!Advertise here!