120W Mosfet amp modules - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th November 2003, 10:51 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Default 120W Mosfet amp modules

I've built those years ago, and recently wanted to use transformers for gainclones so I disassembled the amps. They were used for surround, when it became popular in early 90 's.

Ea. module contains two amps. rated 120W RMS into 8 ohms (+/- 55V supply). I'm asking $60 for everything. Shipping shouldn't be more than $15 in US and probably cheaper in Canada.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m1.jpg (81.9 KB, 838 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 6th November 2003, 10:53 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

So basically you are getting 4 channels rated 120W, except that one module is broken (didn't check it , but some resistors burned due to output shorted).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m2.jpg (56.9 KB, 819 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 6th November 2003, 10:56 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

They also contain capacitors and bridges (15,000u per rail on ea. amp). The size is approx 6 x 6 x10".

This was one of my first projects in Canada, so don't blame me for sloppy execution
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m3.jpg (75.6 KB, 797 views)
Old 6th November 2003, 11:00 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Here's the schematic. This came as a kit purchased from a local Chinese store. The output devices are Hitachi 2SK135 and 2SJ50.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m4.jpg (46.2 KB, 801 views)
Old 7th November 2003, 09:06 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Peter, how you can recomended power rails 55 V, if I see on the picture caps for 50 V ?
Old 13th November 2003, 03:49 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Re: 120W Mosfet amp modules

Quote:
Originally posted by Upupa Epops
Peter, how you can recomended power rails 55 V, if I see on the picture caps for 50 V ?
I don't recommend 55V rails. If you read carefully, you'll notice that only full power is specified at this voltage.

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
Ea. module contains two amps. rated 120W RMS into 8 ohms (+/- 55V supply).

Since I'm selling modules without transformers, it is up to the buyer to decide what transformer he wants to use. If using 55V rails the caps have to be replaced. I was using 35V AC transformers for couple of years, so caps should be replaced anyway now

Any takers at $30 for everything? I would hate to put this on a garbage.
Old 13th November 2003, 04:25 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

HEY I WANT IT~!!! But can you tell me in private (PM or E-mail me) how much is the shipping to Singapore?? Want some for a project...here's my answer...hehe
Old 14th November 2003, 12:27 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Sold

Hide this!Advertise here!