• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tens of Thousands of caps and resistors and diodes!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Step 1: Sort them all out into varied types, electrolytic/polyester, carbon / wirewounds.
Step 2: Sort through every single component and count their values up, do a tally of how many you have of each value.
Step 3: Come back here and report on your findings in 3-4 working days.
Step 4: If you have an assorted amount, consider doing assorted 'kits' and selling them in bags.

I would skip doing the resistors if they are colour coded tho, that would be a pain in the butt, decoding each one... Once you get the hang of seeing the same colour over and over again tho its generally easier to sort them out.

Last edited:
Thats the one thing i hate with electronics... colour coding.... its ok for most i guess, but im red, green and brown colour blind and with 2 out of 3 primary colours im pretty useless and have to use a multimeter to find any unknown values.

So when you pack em into bags make sure you put the values on bags please!

so now a joke request by freak that was intended to be OTT as far as requirements, has been taken seriously and new conditions have been added? are you for real littlerick? I gather these will be effectively given away for very little money, yet you are insisting he instead of taking a few photos, has to measure, sort and bag these parts before sending them, when you can just use a multimeter to do that yourself?

or you are joking too?

so now a joke request by freak that was intended to be OTT as far as requirements, has been taken seriously and new conditions have been added? are you for real littlerick? I gather these will be effectively given away for very little money, yet you are insisting he instead of taking a few photos, has to measure, sort and bag these parts before sending them, when you can just use a multimeter to do that yourself?

or you are joking too?

qusp, I like you, you have tons of knowdge and appreciate all your help and contribution in a variation of threads.
Concerning the above comment: What is wrong with you????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.