FS: Avebury Back Horn Cabinets for Alpair 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th November 2012, 03:04 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS: Avebury Back Horn Cabinets for Alpair 12

I have a pair of Avebury Cabinets for Mark Audio Alpair 12 for Sale

They are built from Wooden design's latest plan: I built them out of 3/4 baltic birch plywood using large style "box" type joinery. The back chamber has a disfused back (see my Avatar), denim acoustic material, and four strands of Cat-5 wire for each binding post. The outsides are not finished so you can finish them to match your decor. The driver is not rebated flush with the front baffle, so this can be addressed to your liking. (I was going to add a 1/2 inch solid oak and maple baffle to the whole front with beveled edges to address this).

These cabinets are a solid build, however they have some minor flaws that you need to be aware of:

# 1 There are a couple of air leaks thru some of the tendion joinery where I cut the mortisions about 1/32 too large. These will easily fill with stain and multiple layers of clear coats if you desire to finish the cabinets as they are. If you veneer or cover the cabinets with solid wood, this is a non-issue.

# 2 There are a couple of dark areas from over sanding. Again these are not a problem depending how you want to finish the cabinets.

I am asking $800 for the pair, and this price is Firm. I am willing to sell them with the Mark Audio Alpair 12's EnAbled by planet 10 for $1200 Firm. I will not sell the drivers separate.

Also you are responsible for freight. I am willing to drive these half way if you are close enough. I live in Ironwood, Michigan, which is located in the upper penisula of Michigan (South shore of Lake Superior). I am two hours east of Duluth, Minnesota, and four hours West of the Mackonac Bridge and the Bridge to Canada. I have family in St.Louis, Missiouri so if you live in Wisconsin, or Illinoise, and you want these by Thankgiving, we can will and deal on gas. I also have freinds in Minneapolis, so there are possibilities there also. These cabinets weigh about 100 lbs a piece so the hardest part is getting them to you, but I am willing to work something out on this, becuase I do realize that I live in a pretty remote area.

I am selling these becuase I want to build a full range line array system with good drivers. I built a cheap one, and my fanily and I like it enough to pursue it more. I am just hoping we can get the bandwidth and detail comparible to the Avebury. This was a hard decesion for me, as I put a lot of passion into building these cabinets. If you want a true full-range system that plays from 37 Hz up to 20 plus kHz with lots of detail, a 3D soundstage, Downward Dynamic Range, and to revival the quality of your up-line sytem, this is it. If you like movies loud, you will want a sub-woofer crossed somewhere at 60-80 Hz.

If you want more information on my Journey with Avebury, here it is:

Mikasa, next?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg backandsidejoinery.jpg (144.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg figuringfillers.jpg (186.6 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg Aveburyintheraw.jpg (117.9 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg denimincavity.jpg (187.2 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg LeftBottomRight.jpg (192.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg LeftFrontTop.jpg (227.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg LeftFrontTopLeftCorner.jpg (218.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg LeftTopLeft.jpg (218.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg LeftTopRight.jpg (202.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg RightTopRight.jpg (274.5 KB, 21 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!