• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Monsoon Planar Media 9 Speaker(s) WITHOUT Sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey folks! I'm new here and joined to msg a member to look for leads on where to purchase a single speaker to replace the one I have that my innocent daughter broke.

He suggested I try here on the forum so here I am. I need a working speaker from a Monsoon Planar Media 9 2.1 system.

I have low hopes for this as they are old but I'm hopeing someone has an old set in a closet/basement/garage/attic. I'm willing to buy 2 speakers and the control module if available.

Someone please PM me and I can offer more details about myself if needed. Please help!!!

-Dam

EDIT: Also, any input would be greatly appreciated like "Oh yeah, you sometimes see them for sale here" or "Man, they are HARD to find" and such :)

Last edited:
Wow. I never expected such luck!!! Do they still have stands? Do you think they'd work with the sub/amp that comes with the Planar 9? I'd pay and still be forever in your debt Dave. I absolutely love the speakers. To tell a long story; I adopted a rescue dog recently and before he got use to my apartment he decided to mark his territory a little. The first place he decided to do so was on my old sony receiver. So without a backup or the knowledge to fix it I took my 10 year old Monsoons from my computer. A few days later my little girl accidentally broke one. The stand cracked and when it did it ripped up the thin film between the magnets. I couldn't get mad at her but damn was I crying on the inside. Even now with just one speaker the sound is satisfactory. These things are unbelieveable.

Sp yeah, that's my story. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.