• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Crown DC300 needs repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I received the amp on a swap and had many wonderful ideas for the it. The 2 rebuild threads on this forum were excellent. I need to concentrate on 1 project at a time because I have 4 amps in various stages. So to help buy parts I will sell this giant classic.... and make space. Some talented DIY member could repair/rebuild this classic piece of American glory..... So I'll go get my lite bulb current limiter and plug it in and see what happens. At the moment I have lots on trick or treaters at the door... Stay tuned

I received the amp on a swap and had many wonderful ideas for the it. The 2 rebuild threads on this forum were excellent. I need to concentrate on 1 project at a time because I have 4 amps in various stages. So to help buy parts I will sell this giant classic.... and make space. Some talented DIY member could repair/rebuild this classic piece of American glory..... So I'll go get my lite bulb current limiter and plug it in and see what happens. At the moment I have lots on trick or treaters at the door... Stay tuned

That makes sence. Somebody is going to get a good deal:D

LOL! Crispycircuit doesn't work so good for selling items! Or at least in working order.... It DIDN'T pass the lite bulb test. The 60w bulb lite very bright when I brought it up on the variac. But the fuses were not blown??? I'll take some pics tomorrow in case anyone interested. It's better than excellent cosmetics and the insides look like new. And it has the large silver knobs.... NO RUST.......

Conrad's visit

What an absolute pleasure Conrad is. We spent the whole afternoon discussing many subjects. He's a wealth of knowledge and I was trying to absorb as much as possible. Conrad arrived bearing gifts, resistors, caps, fuse holders, film caps, LEDs, and secret electronics. This guy "knows what the hell he's doing" and I don't. Thus he bought 2 Crown amps that needed repair. He was relieved I didn't try to fix them??? He brought his fire suit in case I wanted to demostrate any of my projects....????... He didn't let me take out a life insurance policy on him before he entered my house??? I invited him back but his spinning tires seem to say something else....??? I tried to say "Goodbye" but his car was too fast...??? I love meeting new people......

PS.... Visit his website, ConradHoffman.com

Hey, I would have stayed longer just to play with the dogs (ok, I'm a dog person) but it was getting dark.

The DC300A is working! Sure enough it was a shorted output device. I happened to have the right type on hand, but not the right Hfe. Somehow the factory always gets the live ones. I'll change it out when I find a better match, but for now it's quite happy so long as I don't push it into low Z loads. Everything else seemed in perfect shape. I still need to DeOxit the pots and make the DC offset adjustments, then we'll find out how it sounds.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.