• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

McIntosh 1.2kw Monoblocks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Anyone interested in these monster Monoblocks? Serious, they are for sale...bought last year for $24k w/tax.

Not a scratch anywhere. 9/10 if not 10/10. In boxes.

Way out of my league. Pics avil upon request. Figured I would post here before Agon.

Won't be cheap tho...

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Ha!, you had me there...

I really do have these for sale.

Some pics:

Attachments

• mc-1.jpg
    mc-1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 502
  • mc-2.jpg
    mc-2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 491
  • mc-3.jpg
    mc-3.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 482
  • mc-4.jpg
    mc-4.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 477
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have not yet heard them on the Martin Logans or the Tympani IVa yet. I am interested in seeing what a $25k setup would sound like, but i doubt i will like them too much....The wife would kill me otherwise. Just the lugging it into the basement would require quite an effort.

I am planning a "shootout" with it vs the Icepower ASP1000 and the Krell Clone (pinkmouse)

I expect the Krell to eat it up sonically, but it will be interesting as far as brute force vs the Icepower

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Amps Sold. Yehaw. Shipping early next week...

Now I can actually do some critical comparison listening to my Krell Clone and Icepower amps without getting the urge to keep them... we have been keeping them in the wife's office buried under her stuff - no way to move these out (172 pounds each) without her help, so she had "control" of the amps.

It was the only way to convince her to buy them...pretty smart, eh?

I'm no Chumbalone....

Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Finally had a few idle minute to do some Critical Listening of the amps. Wow. They are nice (as they should be). I was not expecting what I heard. Hard to describe. ...Just "SOLID MUSIC".

I have a new reference. I need to get that feeling again. I did not get a chance to bring up the ICEPower 1000ASP Amp, but I don't think it quite did it like the Macintosh. Funny as I have never been a Mac guy, never heard anything really impressive... until these...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.