• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS Silk grid chokes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Silk grid chokes. I bought them at diyhifisupply for $160 a pair plus $26 shipping. Tried them on my amp for one day and decided to revert to stock grid leak resistor.

$SOLD$

$(KGrHqV,!qkF!9Nzm9zVBQYt!yIEYg~~60_3.JPG

Last edited:
From diyhifisupply website:

Characteristics:

There are many gird choke in the market but this one is different - High inductance Grid Choke with low DCR and capacitance:

This is one of those major tweeks that lets you hear every well-spent penny. This is the "Ultimate Inductor" since its inductance is more than 7,000 Henry at 12Hz while having very low DCR of just 1.3K ohm.
AC impedance at 1KHz is more than 5 Mega ohm! AND has a very low parasitic capacitance of only less than 20pF. This is 1/10th s the typical tandard grid resistor. Immediately noticeable is improvement in high frequency response.

Wiring:

This choke has three taps, the middle one is for making phase splitter in push-pull circuit.

Dimension:
LxWxH : 37 x 32 x 32mm

These chokes have enough inductance not to introduce bass roll off, but as I mentioned previously the coupling capacitor size may have to be increased (or decreased). Chokes have better dynamics and may also help with tube bias.
My grid resistor is 210k so grid choke difference is not that huge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.