High quality DIY 3-way for sale - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd October 2012, 02:21 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default High quality DIY 3-way for sale

Hey guys, I have a nice 3-way project for sale that I simply don't have time to finish. Along with the cabinet, baffle and drivers, I also have a crossover schematic generated from the actual measured data of each driver on the baffle.

Driver compliment:
Woofer - Peerless Exclusive 830884 8"
Mid - Tang Band 75-1553SE 3" dome mid
Tweeter - SEAS 22TFF

The measurements of all three drivers show incredibly low distortion in their working bands. I could even provide the working files for PCD simulation so that you could come up with your own crossover.

What you get are the cabinets (PE 1cf in piano gloss), the custom cut baffle, the drivers and measurements. The 830884 is lightly used from a prototype effort a while back, but the 22TFF and TB mid are brand new, only tested.

New, the 830884 Exclusive is around $85 if you can even find them. The TB mid is going for $135 each, and the 22TFF soft dome is $34 each. That's $500 worth of drivers alone.

If anyone is interested in the entire setup, cabinet included, it could be yours for $500, and you'd be on your way to an amazing stand mount 3-way, and still be able to DIY your own crossover or use the one I designed myself from the measured data.

Woofer: 4mH and 39uF

Mid: 20ga 1.5mH inductor and 22uF in series and 4.7uF shunt. L-pad on the mid terminals of 12 Ohm in series with the mid and 7.5 Ohm shunt. Reverse polarity.

Tweeter: 6.8uF, .25mH shunt, 18uF and L-pad of 4 Ohm series and 3.3 Ohm shunt. Reverse polarity.

Send me an email if you're interested. pete_schumacher@yahoo.com

Below are the measured plots including distortion. The "dip" at 400Hz is a boundary effect from an object nearby when the sweeps were taken. You can see it present in both the mid and woofer plot. Close mic sweeps show very smooth response from both drivers.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 23rd October 2012, 04:36 AM   #2
kctess5 is offline kctess5  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm all set, but I just wanted to say:

1) Those are nice looking! Those peerless drivers are classy
2) your measurements are not showing up
Old 23rd October 2012, 05:44 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctess5 View Post
I'm all set, but I just wanted to say:

1) Those are nice looking! Those peerless drivers are classy
2) your measurements are not showing up
Not sure why they're not showing. I uploaded the file to the post.

If you like, I'll send them to your email, along with the simulated crossover that I posted.
Old 23rd October 2012, 06:31 AM   #4
lowpoke is offline lowpoke  Australia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to lowpoke
I can see the measurements.

Hide this!Advertise here!