diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Swap Meet (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/)
-   -   Wanted: Audax tweeter used in Vandersteen 2C (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/221039-wanted-audax-tweeter-used-vandersteen-2c.html)

dgta 6th October 2012 06:47 AM

Wanted: Audax tweeter used in Vandersteen 2C
 
I need an Audax HD 9x8 D25 tweeter, used in Vandersteen 2C and some Rogers monitors.

Cal Weldon 6th October 2012 08:40 PM

Do you need the whole thing or just a new coil/diaphragm?

They sell them here if that helps:

Audax Tweeters, incl. TW025A0 ( HD 12x9D25 ), TW034X0, TW025M1

dgta 6th October 2012 08:58 PM

Cal, I only need the faceplate/coil/diaphragm.

That vendor does NOT have the HD9x8D25. I checked.

Edit: Sorry, my mistake. They do have just a replacement coil/diaphragm to be glued in the old faceplate. Not the same as the original, but I suppose I can just buy 2 for a balanced set. That will work.

Thanks much.

bigspeaker 6th October 2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgta (Post 3191573)
I need an Audax HD 9x8 D25 tweeter, used in Vandersteen 2C and some Rogers monitors.

hi there i don't know if you still need this part but i bought a pait of veandersteen 2 speakers and i to need a tweeter i found the best way A if you don't have the old one is to recut the fave plat out of 1mm aluminium this is what was use the size is 90x90 mm i will post photos of the template i have all ready posted the crossover updates and drawings what you use for the tweeer is a VIFA 1 inch tweeter module that you glue behind the old or new face plate etc you have to put a 4.7 ohm 2 watt resistor in series with the possitive this is very important as it changes the tweeter from 4 ohms to 8 ohms the start freq is lower about 1,459 k thats fime more head room the polydax started at 5k more head room more detail hope this was a help i work as a sound technician :D:D

dgta 7th October 2012 03:42 AM

Thanks bigspeaker. I just ordered the replacement coil/diaphragm that Cal posted above so I'm all set. They're only something like $20 a piece so no need for complicated solutions :)

bigspeaker 7th October 2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgta (Post 3192440)
Thanks bigspeaker. I just ordered the replacement coil/diaphragm that Cal posted above so I'm all set. They're only something like $20 a piece so no need for complicated solutions :)

thanks my tweeters were missing when i bought my speakers can you send me the link to by the coil and if you come across a pair i am happy to buy 2 of the HD9x8D25

planet10 7th October 2012 05:25 AM

It is very possible that the Butterflies (that is what the dome/voicecoil assembly is called) can be had in North America. Many years ago i got some from Meniscus.

The butterfly is sandwiched between the magnet & the face-plate. Because they are keyed it is a REALLY easy repair.

dave

Cal Weldon 7th October 2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet10 (Post 3192492)
The butterfly is sandwiched between the magnet & the face-plate. Because they are keyed it is a REALLY easy repair.

Great lunch Dave.

I know I'll never have the experience you do but aren't all dome tweeters with a replaceable diaphragm like that?

bigspeaker 7th October 2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal Weldon (Post 3192498)
Great lunch Dave.

I know I'll never have the experience you do but aren't all dome tweeters with a replaceable diaphragm like that?

no it is a very special tweeter

dgta 7th October 2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigspeaker (Post 3192481)
can you send me the link to by the coil

Audax RW025A0 replacement voice coil for TW025A0 HD100D25 HD 9x8D25 from Falcon Acoustics, The Leading Supplier of DIY Hifi Components.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:20 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2