• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted: Audax tweeter used in Vandersteen 2C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cal, I only need the faceplate/coil/diaphragm.

That vendor does NOT have the HD9x8D25. I checked.

Edit: Sorry, my mistake. They do have just a replacement coil/diaphragm to be glued in the old faceplate. Not the same as the original, but I suppose I can just buy 2 for a balanced set. That will work.

Thanks much.

Last edited:
I need an Audax HD 9x8 D25 tweeter, used in Vandersteen 2C and some Rogers monitors.
hi there i don't know if you still need this part but i bought a pait of veandersteen 2 speakers and i to need a tweeter i found the best way A if you don't have the old one is to recut the fave plat out of 1mm aluminium this is what was use the size is 90x90 mm i will post photos of the template i have all ready posted the crossover updates and drawings what you use for the tweeer is a VIFA 1 inch tweeter module that you glue behind the old or new face plate etc you have to put a 4.7 ohm 2 watt resistor in series with the possitive this is very important as it changes the tweeter from 4 ohms to 8 ohms the start freq is lower about 1,459 k thats fime more head room the polydax started at 5k more head room more detail hope this was a help i work as a sound technician :D:D

Yes, Dave is correct. I did not realize the faceplate can be separated from the butterfly on the Audax. They are stuck together with some type of sealing/damping "goop" on mine so they appeared to be glued together. In fact they are not. They can be gently pried apart.

Well, I ordered and received the parts from Falcon. They don't fit or look like the originals. So I'm still looking if anyone has a diaphragm or full tweeter.

Attachments

• PA210003.JPG
    PA210003.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 78
i too had this problem so i made some tweeter not successfully so the only joy i had was to find a tweeter which was used in the model 3's over all it is a better tweeter its round so you will have to cut a small amount off the top and bottom etc it starts at 8 ohms 600 hz to 20khz it aluminum dome much nicer this is the only replacement available i have been searching for 12 months now veandersteen will not help i have rang then so many time getting the runaround the tweeter is for sale on ebay not sure where you live the part number is DT500 you can also buy it from a company called WES Components in Ashfield Sydney NSW there phone number is 97979866 there open from 8.30 to 5.30 pm if you can't get them or find it give me a buzz you use PayPal send me funds i will pick them up post them giving you the cost for fast postage etc its a good idear to change all the caps on the crossover with poly caps your local electronics parts store should have the values 4.7uf 3.3uf :D:D:D:D:D

Epilogue

My experience with Falcon Acoustics was not a good one. The info on the website is incorrect.

There is, however, a simple way to redo the original Vandersteen (Audax) tweeters. I found it with the help of a local supplier. I am proving it out in the next few days. Anyone interested in the details PM me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.