• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted - HAFLER DH-500 RELAY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Your speakers will like the relay a lot when the amp decides to die. Protection may have its influence on sound quality but you will forget that when your speakers survive catastrophic failure of an amp.

You mentioned fuses. Your speakers can act like fuses too, it depends which one is quicker in case of failure: the fuse or the speaker. Point is that replacing tweeters or woofers is expensive in most of the cases. My take is that Hafler did not put the part in that amp for nothing.

Pages full of debate about 1 part ;) Sorry for being stubborn but reliability and protection are friends, not enemies.

Last edited:
Usually the speaker is the faster fuse than the relay... the real fuse and the relay often, not always, prevent fires and do not protect speakers or amplifiers.

Even so, I'd keep the relay in there. Just not use *that* relay, I'd put a relay with multiple contacts, better suited to this job.

It's easy enough to modify the circuit for easier to find relays that do a better job on the sonics, imo.

But I repeat myself.

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.