• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pair AlNiCo driver PHILIPS 9710 M/01 - Trade?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks.
I have a pair of good to very good condition Philips 9710 M/01 to trade.
Pics are of actual pair.
A sale fell through on these elsewhere, so I'm trading.
Pie-in-the-sky I'd like to trade or part trade for bookshelf cabinets for Fostex fe167's.

No shop and have a pair of fe167's begging to be used.
Bookshelf due to small listening room size, 11 x 11 and getting smaller.

I'm in Victoria BC.
I'll try to come up with other things to trade for this evening.

Attachments

• p1bask.jpg
    p1bask.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 290
  • p1cone2.jpg
    p1cone2.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 273
  • p2bask.jpg
    p2bask.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 273
  • p2cone.jpg
    p2cone.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 258
  • p1num.jpg
    p1num.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 256
  • p2num.jpg
    p2num.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 48
shipping

I should have posted more information.
Trading outside BC and particularly cross border is going to make this expensive, shipping to/from this island I live on can be a pain and Canada customs "taxes" items coming in based on what they believe the value is. (at least I got dinged an additional $50 on the last item)

After reading a bunch more about the fe167e driver and bookshelves I'm thinking I'm looking for unicorns.

I'll read more and get back here. I'm looking for designs that are reputed to sound good. Trying to keep this transaction in Canada due to costs. (cross-border transparency is a discussion for another board.) That answers most of the emails and PM's.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Michael,

Do you want to see if the Fonken167 will work in your room? Not standmounts but the footprint is no different.

I'm not all that interested in the Philips, and the F167 boxes are worth more than they are, but i hate to see the cabinets sit unused (we'd have to remove the FF165 and clean out one of the vents we closed up to push the cab towards more suitable for the FF165), and having a set of the Philips (+ some more of your trade stock) on hand makes more business sense.

They are one of the outside ones (i'm not sure which)

Fonken-167-trio.jpg

A simple flatpak for a CGR based box is probably also doable.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.