• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted pair Tannoy HPD 385

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you find some HPDs which need re-coning or -foaming Lockwood Audio sells cones with cloth surrounds for them which do not change the T/S parameters.

Or you could use Monitor Gold cones which effectively turns them into Golds but you'd lose some bass extension.

Reconing also increases power handling fairly dramatically to something in the region of 300W or so.

There are several pair's on eBay at the moment.

Thank you.
I'm already following the two auctions.
A pair, the one with the white canvas board, I think it to be repaired. I wrote to the seller who says that just sound good ... I doubt it.
The other couple instead is increasing the price, very strange ... There are two pointers with zero feedback .... stinks a bit.
thanks for the advice
regards
GAB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.