• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

elna SILMIC and CERAFINES........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
i have 50 elna silmics, 50 volts - 1000 uF.
and
16 elna cerafines, 63 volts - 10000 uF.

these caps are new and have never been used.

i'm selling these caps for the best price i can get or accept.

please, no cheapskaters - these are expensive caps......!

Peter Daniel said:
Do you think Elna Silmic would be better than STD grade Black Gate? How much do you ask for those (1000/50)?
Peter,
I can answer the quality issue. They are a better sounding cap to my ears. But the 1000 ufd 50v Silmics are very large. The are at least twice as big as the standard or NX series BG's.
I have used them as decoupling caps with very good results. They are inbetween the standard and NX BG's as far as sound quality to my ears. But much cheaper than the 50v 1000 ufd NX.

George

They are a better sounding cap to my ears

thanks, that's what i call promotion.....:D

and yes, these caps are in the same leaque as the most expensive black gates - it's a matter of taste.....imho.

would 5 euro be too cheap...?....:angel:

....and while we're at it, the BigBlackCerafines are the most exquisite in the "large caps" categorie......no competition at all.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Panelhead said:

Peter,
I can answer the quality issue. They are a better sounding cap to my ears. But the 1000 ufd 50v Silmics are very large. The are at least twice as big as the standard or NX series BG's.
I have used them as decoupling caps with very good results. They are inbetween the standard and NX BG's as far as sound quality to my ears. But much cheaper than the 50v 1000 ufd NX.

George

From the dimentions tbla posted, they seem to be smaller than STD BG. This makes me wonder if you really tried the same caps?;)

How would you compare STD and NX caps? Form my experience some people actually prefer STD in a GC as NX seems to be too much laid back.

hi,
black gate std are 22 x 42 mm....but size is not allways the hole truth....:D

i'm a bit sorry that i chose to offer these fine caps to everyone all over the world, because to make a fair deal you'll have to live close to me - shipment costs and money transfer will just be too much, especially if you only want 4 small caps.
but the thing is that these caps are allmost impossible to find, i have no knowledge of any shops which offer these caps - not even for insane prices.....audiocom used to offer a reasonable amount of the silmic program but as i recall they charged about £10-15 for the bigget values.....:att'n:

hi, just to make the hole situation clear....i'm not selling because i need money....!
i'm selling because i don't need the parts....!

the BigBlackCerafines are not manufactured anymore, so these caps can not be obtained anywhere anymore and therefore are very "rare" and NOT cheap.
RScomponents charged 50€ each.....
my price is 35€ each.....doesn't matter if it's one or all....!

the elna silmics 1000uF/50V is 5€ each, if you want all - 20% discount....!

prepayment.
you pay for shipping.

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.