• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Genuine Toshiba 2SK982 / 2SJ148

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some- What are you building? Borbely power amp ?
You can build Borbely line amp with only 170/74 and 216/79 outputs.
I only want a Tag Heuer Carrera for them :D

Hi ticknpop,

I'm building a borberly shunt regulator to replace my JC-1AC pre-preamp power supply which was busted.

And for the future, I would like build one to three shunt regulators for powering BIII DAC legato I/V converter.

Unfortunately, the carrera is not in my radar :)

You could replace this complemantry FET pair with a high beta BJT pair without any problems...but you`ll have to do some small modifications to the circuit, it shouldn`t be a big problem to do..Even 2SA1015GR/2SC1815GR would be a reasonably good substitute.

You could replace this complemantry FET pair with a high beta BJT pair without any problems...but you`ll have to do some small modifications to the circuit, it shouldn`t be a big problem to do..Even 2SA1015GR/2SC1815GR would be a reasonably good substitute.

Thanks for the info. But I'm just a noob who doesn't really know how to modify circuit.

Basically what I'm trying to do is to build a shunt regulator power supply based on pcb from Jims Audio.

All FET low-noise super shunt regulator PCB Borbely ! | eBay

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I build Borbely shunts too (original pass devices were 2sk2013/2SJ313) .
I can sell 6 pairs J148/K982 for $55 with Canada Post included. Not cheap, but cheaper than BDEnt and I really don't need to sell them, because I will build a few more Borbely shunts for a BIII Dac also ( with Borbely discrete jfet I/V converter also powered by Borbely Shunts) They are used in the Borbely Millenium Power amp too that I have, so I need to hang on to a few spares. Do you have 389/109 for input differentials ? I wouldn't use 109 here if you could find them. Even matched 170/74 are getting hard/ expensive to come by. I stocked up years ago before the great jfet famine.............. Even have the very low noise 2SK147/2SJ72 for phono inputs that I got from Erno 20 years ago :eek:

Last edited:
I build Borbely shunts too (original pass devices were 2sk2013/2SJ313) .
I can sell 6 pairs J148/K982 for $55 with Canada Post included. Not cheap, but cheaper than BDEnt and I really don't need to sell them, because I will build a few more Borbely shunts for a BIII Dac also ( with Borbely discrete jfet I/V converter also powered by Borbely Shunts) They are used in the Borbely Millenium Power amp too that I have, so I need to hang on to a few spares. Do you have 389/109 for input differentials ? I wouldn't use 109 here if you could find them. Even matched 170/74 are getting hard/ expensive to come by. I stocked up years ago before the great jfet famine.............. Even have the very low noise 2SK147/2SJ72 for phono inputs that I got from Erno 20 years ago :eek:

PM sent. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. But I'm just a noob who doesn't really know how to modify circuit.

Basically what I'm trying to do is to build a shunt regulator power supply based on pcb from Jims Audio.

All FET low-noise super shunt regulator PCB Borbely ! | eBay

Hello.
Happy New Year.
I've also built the shunt JIMS AUDIO.
Let me know if function well.
Have you encountered difficulties.
What are the components to be selected.
Where to be careful.
I have some high-frequency oscillations in the negative channel.
The positive seems to be fine.
is the first and I do not have experience.
Thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.