Alpair 10.2 - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th August 2012, 03:12 AM   #21
ra7 is offline ra7  United States
diyAudio Member

I had some 12s fail in exactly the same way... Fracture perpendicular to the surround... Credit to mark coz he took them back.
Old 19th September 2012, 11:28 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

both SOLD

so much for 'writing one off'
Old 21st September 2012, 09:11 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

That is why I never like metal cones to frigile. If the bigger cones do this now then how long will the small cones last? I had the alpair 3-ps very natural drivers but, lacked top end? They were night and day next to the fostex fe126en drivers and my wife loved the alpair bettter. I give mark two thumbs up on his paper drivers. Mark has come along way but, I think there is still aways to go with the metal drivers being to thin and able to crinkle.I am still not sold on metal drivers due to a very bad (T.B.) metal drivers
over 10 years ago that I had with a nasty sound. Sorry but, this is again a nail in the coffin for me. Now if someone wants to send me a free pair and let me live with them for a year with my ears and then I can do a review okay. So Sorry for the rant but, everyone has their favs. Mine is paper for life. Jeff

Last edited by cross reference; 21st September 2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 21st September 2012, 09:24 PM   #24
cotdt is offline cotdt  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to cotdt
Mark's metal cones sound far smoother and natural than the older Tangbangs! But of course the paper ones are even more natural and throw a larger soundstage.
Old 21st September 2012, 09:41 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Yes they could be better then the (T.B.) no doubt But, still enjoy the paper cones. Waiting for a shipment of his larger paper cones at madisound. Jeff
Old 22nd September 2012, 06:59 AM   #26
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member

when i present the similar problems before, some members thought that i was being unreasonable.

ive seen too many MA alpair alum cone series got problems with the cones, and to be treated as an idiot of a customer is just something i cannot tolerate.

regards
henry
Old 22nd September 2012, 01:31 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Hi _henry_, what drivers are you using now?
Old 22nd September 2012, 01:48 PM   #28
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member

beyma, eminence and sb acoustics. none of them will have dent or bent if i ever so slightly touch them. for beymas and eminence u can actually tap on it

Hide this!Advertise here!