• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB Borbely DC100 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had a pleasant surprise the other day. I found in my storage room nearly all the parts to build a pair of Borbely DC-100 or DC-100A amps. I think I collected these parts more than 20 years ago, then, during a household move, forgot about them.

Anyway, I do not have the Old Colony PCBs that used to be available. Before I go etch some, I wonder if anyone here might have a pair of PCBs that never got used.

Dave

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Borbely's DC100? Oh my...that was Erno's good old design from, as you said, more than 20 years ago. I am using a pair of all-FET Mill75 amps built 3-4 years ago. Besides heating up my room very quickly, they are great amps.

Nice to hear there's an old fan of Borbely Audio in Thailand. Good luck with your DC100 PCB. ;)

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Yes, it's EB's last evolution of his design. All active devices were FETs(Jfet and Mosfet). Using JFET for second gain stage made big differences on tonal balance and resolution.

Attachments

• mill75.jpg
    mill75.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 336
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I do not have the Old Colony PCBs that used to be available. Before I go etch some, I wonder if anyone here might have a pair of PCBs that never got used.

Dave,
Look what I found in the garage. A couple of DC100 boards with AH5020 and NPD5565 input devices but otherwise close to unpopulated. If you don't need the input fets then I might remove them for use in another project. Let me know what you want to pay and I'm sure we can work out a deal.
Thanks,
---Gary

Attachments

• DC100_boards.jpg
    DC100_boards.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 329
  • DC100_back.jpg
    DC100_back.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 326
  • AH5020_NPD5565.jpg
    AH5020_NPD5565.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 303
I was able to find more information about the Millennium 75 (and the Millennium 200) using the wayback machine to look at Erno's website a few years back. It looks as if Erno never published any information that a earnest DIYer could use to build the amp other than through a kit purchase. Is that right?

If that is wrong, I'd love to see the schematic fleshed out with real parts values and see if I might be able to reproduce it for myself. Is more complete information available anywhere?

Dave

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I was able to find more information about the Millennium 75 (and the Millennium 200) using the wayback machine to look at Erno's website a few years back. It looks as if Erno never published any information that a earnest DIYer could use to build the amp other than through a kit purchase. Is that right?

If that is wrong, I'd love to see the schematic fleshed out with real parts values and see if I might be able to reproduce it for myself. Is more complete information available anywhere?

Dave

Erno never published the schematics and part lists of his "all fet" designs excepts a few from "starter kits. But he published a few articles on earlier power amps such as DC-102, Servo-50. They were on his website. Zen Mod made a site mirror for Borbely Audio. Not sure it's still there. Here's the link.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/185003-borbely-site-mirror.html
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/185003-borbely-site-mirror.html

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I'm thrilled with the sound of my completed amp. I completed my build of the DC-100 more than a year ago, incorporating some circuit details from the DC-102 and the Millennium 200 into the build, but I used the DC-100 circuit boards from Gary.

Dave,
It's great to hear that those boards have come to life in your hands. Congrats on finishing the amp.
---Gary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.