• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted Geelong VIC Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I'm hoping some-one in OZ has a small tweeter to sell or swap, for use above 7k and with as small a faceplate as possible, preferably cheap , a pair needed.
those cheap small Mylar dome tweeters sold by Jaycar would be fine. These tweeters need to go between a couple of 3 inch midrange

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I was hoping for something with a 50*50 faceplate ( what I asked for) or smaller, the little Audax is just a little too large for the C2C distance. They were dirt cheap at the time so I should have bought more and Visaton have discontinued their little neo and Apex jnr. do not do paypal

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Thanx but the operative word here is "cheap" the budget is less than $30- which is what a pair of the Audax will cost posted from Madisound, the little Jaycar closed out at $12- a pair, which considering it performance was a fair price. This is only to fill in above 6k, the Vifas are too high quality for a set of garage speakers

There isn't much else available locally unless you find some piezos or something.

If you have any friends with a Wes account, I still vote you look at the small faceplate XT25s, they are only 65mm and I know of an Adelaide re-seller who has them for $42 a pair, I know you will be able to get them for better with an account with them.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I was hoping for a second hand air of the cheap units, for garage speakers that is all that's needed. even the cheap Audax are a little too good ( Foster ribbons are perfect but not using those ) otherwise I could get a pair of 20mm Visatons from Soundlabs and force them higher

None of the Tandy supertweeters by Foster are around at the moment at a price I am prepared to pay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.