• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Zen Amp Version 1 Populated PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Patrick,

I still have the amp board. I used the transformer for another project.
Just so we are clear, it's a working Zen v1 populated PCB.
With that in mind, I'm feeling generous and will sell it to you for $35.00. US.
Paypal and shipping paid by you. Deal?

If you don't want it, Mikje is next in line.

Thanks for your interest.

Vince

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I also have a bride of zen in chassis and bride of son of zen in chassis'.
Both working. Boz has Alps pot and bosoz has 24 step attenuator built by me.
Bosoz is two chassis, power supply in its own box. They need work, but not to much to get them looking good. They sound good.

Also have First Watt B1 buffer pre amp board that's 90% populated. I built two, kept other for spare.

I can upload pictures if interested. All going at a fair to low price.

All articles at Passdiy.com.

Vince

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Pitcures of Preamps and Boards

Here's pics of the BOZ, BOSOZ and B1.

Both BOZ and BOSOZ have over-sized transformers.
The transfo in the BOZ can power a small amp and the transfos in the BOSOZ can power gain clones. Big transformers make preamps sound better. Just a fact.

The cases are all Hammond aluminum. I think they sell for $30+ for box and lid. Lid sold separately. Ave-Linberg transformers sells for $54 from parts-express. Avel Y236653 250VA 30V+30V Toroidal Transformer 122-630

Transformers in BOSOZ are also good quality. I have extra power supply board I will throw in for free as it needs trouble shooting.

B1 boards cost me $35 each to have made by PCB house. 2 went to Europe, 1 in the states and 2 stayed with me.
Just needs matched jfets, 18v power supply, box, switch, pot and RCA jacks to finish. I have a 18v power supply at work that I can throw in for $0.00.
A little noisy at transformer/supply, but will work fine. PS comes from PC equipment.

The BOZ does not have an alps pot. My mistake. I advise upgrading, but current pot will get you through until you upgrade.

BOZ $65
BOZOZ $95
B1 board $40.
Zen v1 board $35.
Zen amp- board, case, heat sinks, extra caps and power supply coils for power supply filtering (no transformer) $85.

Let me know if you are interested and I will double box and have postage amount for you in a day or two.

Thanks for your interest!

Vince

Attachments

• boz0_small.jpg
    boz0_small.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 283
  • bosoz3_small.jpg
    bosoz3_small.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 90
  • bosoz2_small.jpg
    bosoz2_small.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 99
  • bosoz1_small.jpg
    bosoz1_small.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 98
  • bosoz0_small.jpg
    bosoz0_small.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 93
  • boz1_small.jpg
    boz1_small.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 272
  • bosoz4_small.jpg
    bosoz4_small.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 271
  • boz3_small.jpg
    boz3_small.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 282
  • boz2_smaill.jpg
    boz2_smaill.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Patrick,

I think its best to pack them in separate boxes instead of using one box, unless you want one box. Do you want them sent USPS, FED EX or UPS?

I'll need a day or so to get them packed, as its too late to find boxes tonight.
Send private message with your address.

Thanks,

Vince

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.