• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Goldpoint Mini V 50k Stepped Attenuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just curious, how do you like these? Thinking about trying a few on a project I'm working on. I wish the could be PCB mounted, but other than that they look nice.

Overall I like them just fine when 23 steps is enough. I like the older ones better before Elma started using a bit heavier spring in the wiper mechanism. The newer ones have a bit grittier feel to them. Also, Arn started building these with a lighter detent spring which combined with the heavier wiper spring made them feel rather mushy and lacked the nice tactile feel I really loved about the originals.

This one I had fitted with a bit heavier detent spring so its feel is closer to the older ones, but still not quite as smooth.

Reason I'm selling it is I need more than 23 steps and have opted for a 40 step attenuator instead. It's one of two that I purchased. One was used for a prototype and this one's never been used other than to put a knob on it.

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.