• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS - Frugalhorn Mk3 flatpak w/Fostex drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SOLD - For Sale: Frugalhorn Mk3 flatpack kit with removable baffles and Fostex FE126eN^2 drivers (natural cones w/copper treatment).

Still in original packing - never opened. Shipped in May, but health issues make it unlikely I will ever build the speaks. Someone should enjoy them.

Mk3 F-horn kit: $260
FE126eN^2 (no basket stiffening): $198
Removable baffle for driver swaps: $40

My out of pocket $498 plus shipping.

If I can get most of my out of pocket back I will pay UPS shipping to the lower 48 states. PM if interested - thanks!

Pete

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Peter's drivers are done in Natural with Copper Spots. They escaped from here before i got pictures.

The matching data for the drivers attached" Note the close efficiency match.

Current flat-paks are $275 so there is a $15 savings right there.

Additional baffles so that other drivers can be tried are $25/pr. Or make your own. Held in place with 4 M4 bolts.

dave

Attachments

• Fowler-FE126eN^2-MatchData.gif
    Fowler-FE126eN^2-MatchData.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 472
Pete,
Any luck selling ? If I lived closer to you I would build them for you so you could at least enjoy them. I have no need or room but if no one else buys them I may eventually buy them and build them for someone else. Keep me posted if no one else shows interest and you still want them to go.

Bill

Hey Jim,

Low wattage amps (tubed or SS, SE or PP) can sound remarkably good due to their simplicity and moderate operating envelope. For a good overview of the philosophy, I'd start here:

FIRST WATT

And then go here:

Nutshell High Fidelity

If you think of the amp & speaker as a total system then it begins to make sense. Efficient speaks are simply the best way to take advantage of the first watt of power while retaining adequate dynamics, clarity, etc.

It's analogous to the Lotus vs Aston approach to high performance autos. ;)

Pete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.